Aug 27, 2012

Weekend Update


So sad to see this weekend come to an end.
FH & I got in some great alone time
AND I got to eat some carbs.
What more could a girl ask for?!

Friday night, we went out to eat Mexican (hello cheese dip!)
and then went home to watch TV and be lazy before FH had to leave for work (did I mention that I hate his nighttime job? well, I do).

Saturday morning it was finally volleyball time!
I'm so excited that the girls are going to a volleyball camp this year!
I love volleyball (just like I do every other sport) and I was
excited for the girls to start working on a college scholarship start playing! They can't actually play until middle school but this is a camp to help them learn the basics.

How cute are those tiny legs in knee pads?!



Once that was over, it was time for me to get busy. I knew I needed to run so that I could pig out and have a few beverages Saturday night.
BUT it was raining. BOO.

So, what's a girl to do? Well, run in the rain of course.
I was a hot mess by the time I got through but it felt great.
It wasn't hot at all and my wet clothes were only a little bit heavy.



I started doing the couch to 10K program. I doubt that I will do it everyday, but it's something to entertain me while I run/walk.
The chick on the app tells you when to run and when to walk and even tells you when you are halfway done.
I pretty much love the app.



And then of course, like any old lady, I iced my bad knee.



On to shopping.
I found this to die for baby Memphis outfit.
Now all we need is a baby.
And no, I didn't actually purchase it.
I don't want to jinx myself.
But do you notice how me and the "baby" would have had on coordinating blue outfits?
Yeah, me too.



I am TRYING so hard to be patient with the whole baby fever because I know that I want to be selfish and spend as much time as possible with my handsome husband, but I'm not sure how long I can hold out!!! I mean, I'd rather not have K&A in their teenage years when a baby gets here....but we'll just wait and see what God has in store for us.

Oh and guess what?
I won some more money, hunny boo boo!



I swear, I don't buy scratch offs every weekend.
Last time I won,
I got lots of comments on how the most anyone ever wins is a couple of dollars.
Well, the key is that you get your husband to buy the $20 scratch offs instead of the $3 ones. The $20 ones let you win more!
I don't recommend it often though cause dang, I would hate to lose $20! But every once in awhile, FH thinks I'm his good luck charm.

Sunday Funday was spent with the family.
The girls grilled out for us.



Man, their stepdaddy is training them well.
They won't need men to grill for them when they get older.
Plus, I can make them do it when FH isn't home.
It's a win-win.

The burgers were delicious.
Please note, this is FH's burger.
For some reason, he thinks it is better to have one MASSIVE burger than it is to have a couple of small ones.




And like every other good weekend, we finished Sunday night off with couch time watching Big Brother.

I love my family!

How did you spend your weekend??


stillbeingmolly
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. I share your same enthusiasm for having more than one burger instead of one giant one. More to eat! any girl can appreciate that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i love the burger!! that a girl :) so happy i came across your blog! i cant wait to read more! If you'd like i have a giveaway on my blog with starbucks and vera bradly i think you'll love! have a great monday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running in the rain? That is what I call dedication my friend! Glad you had a great weekend, thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow - that burger looks AMAZING! yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your banner! Haha your girls are cute. I love volleyball too. That burger is huge! Your husband is doing work haha! I hope you & your fam has a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dolla make me holla Honey Boo Boo! ;)

    Sounds like a fun weekend! I wish there were volleyball leagues/camps for younger kids when I was growing up. I didn't get into it until high school but loved it!

    And my ass never runs (I also have bad knees) but I want to. What is the name of that app?

    Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you do scratch offs!! We always got those as birthday gifts as kids, winning a couple bucks was such a big deal! Found you through the link up!

    ReplyDelete