Aug 21, 2012

No Carbs Day 5

I'm frustrated.
I am still only down 5 lbs.
I know this is a lot for 5 days and I should be excited about it, but I can't help it, I'm not.
Starting on Day 3 on this plan, you alternate "eating days" with protein only days. On eating days, you get a 500 calorie lunch as kind of like your cheat meal.
Since day 3, i have gained 1 lb on the cheat day, and lost that 1 lb the next day. That is so frustrating!
I know the cheat day is necessary because it shocks my body.
My body needs to think it could get carbs at any time so that it's confused, but I'm so mad that I can't lose more that I almost want to just skip the whole cheat day all together.
I am ready to get over this hump because I have a lot more to lose!

I think my saving grace is my husband.
He knows all about eating protein and lack of carbs and how it affects the body. Plus he's my cheerleader.
Not to mention, we have a bet on how much I will lose during my 8 day challenge and if you know me, you know that I don't like to lose {at anything}.

So, I refuse to give up.
I refuse to even cheat a little.
Still no Dr Pepper.
Still no candy.
Still no random pieces of bread.

I took all my frustration out on the pavement this morning and ran harder than I have ran in a long time.
I think that helped a little.
Well, that and wearing a cute new skirt to work today, that helped too.

Here's hoping to more success in the last three days.
Even if I just have to sweat it out!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I keep thinking the body can't store it forever. When I ate little to nothing yesterday and then walked 45 minutes last night I expected a loss this morning but nothing. Stuck.

    So today I got the shake in, string cheese at ten and then had three hard shell tacos for lunch. Take that body...SHOCK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there! It will be so worth it!! (says the girl who snuck in a cake slice this afternoon! :P)

    ReplyDelete