Aug 3, 2012

Inspire Me Healthy

Oh what a great link up! My friend Janessa showed me this link this morning and I thought it was a great idea. Gosh, I sure do hope that link works...she also gives me blog tutorials so I can learn how to do fancy things like her. I sure do hope I make you proud {eventually} J!

Anyways, back to the link up. I am lovin on some link ups lately. What better way to meet new bloggy friends than a link up party?! Plus I love parties and these are parties that I can attend while still on the clock {shhhhhhh, don't tell!} so what's not to love??

Ok so lately I am on a health kick. Well, let's be honest. I don't give a ding dong dang about being healthy, I just want to be skinny. Awful, I know, but I'm just being honest here. I just want to walk in a room and someone be like daaaaang girl, have you been working out?? Instead of walking in a room and someone be like daaaaaaang girl, you wanna go to a weight watchers meeting with me? I mean, I'm in shape. I'm actually in great shape. I could probably kick your butt on most fitness challenges. I can hang with the big dogs on push ups, sits ups, etc. But I have a muffin top that is some kind of fierce and baby got back too. So, I'm working on getting my outside to match up with my strength. i.e. I wanna wear the jeans at the back of my closet.

So, what have I been doing you might ask? Well, if you follow me on instagram {mrsloyoung} then you know that I just started Insanity. Oh goodness, there is no preparing yourself for this...it's hardcore. And I recommend it to anyone that loves a bootcamp style workout and doesn't want to breathe for about 45 minutes every morning. Or if you don't want to be able to walk up stairs, or walk in general without pain, this is the workout for you. I am about to finish up my first week of workouts and it has been super hard but I haven't missed a day so I'm pretty proud. I have had to use my pause button, and I have also laid out in the floor under the fan catching my breathe while the DVD was still going, but nevertheless, I'm not sleeping in like normal people!

Also, I am on the smoothie bandwagon. I have one every morning for breakfast. And I buy my kids doughnuts some mornings and don't even get any for myself. Ummmmm, hello! Skinny people can't even do this so I'm pretty proud.

I'm trying my best to eat healthy. I really am, but I am just awful at it. This is how I have always been. I can work out like crazy but I eat really bad. And we all know this cancels the workout out. Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. My motivation behind eating healthy came to me this morning. I kept telling myself: "self, you can eat that pizza, you are doing Insanity. It's a crazy workout and even if you don't eat right, you sweat off at least 45 lbs every morning." to which I responded: "really? cause remember that girl? That girl that told you she was doing Insanity and she ate whatever she wanted? She completely the entire 2 month program and really lost no weight because she didn't eat right. Do you really want to be like  her? All that work and no payout?" the only response I got to this was: "WORD!"
{I have conversations with myself often. I have 9 year old twins, so these are usually the only conversations I can have that don't get interupted. Don't judge me!}

So, I'm thinking I might try the whole weight watchers concept again. I mean, it works. I've done it before. I have all the books and stuff. So I think I might give it a go....We'll see how that works. I mean if Jessica Simpson can bounce back from her baby weight using it, then there's hope for me.

All In My Twenties
 
Click on the link to check out some other great posts about getting healthy. Together we can do it! :)
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. You should definitely jump back on the WW boat with me!! I just started a couple weeks ago! They have a new app that is so each to use and helps you when youre away from the house!!

    Thanks for linking up with us! I look forward to reading your posts!!

    -kristen

    ReplyDelete