Aug 13, 2012

Weekend Update

Nothing like finding out on a Monday morning that work has blocked a few of my favorite blogs. Awesome.

Another great weekend in the books. I'm gonna make this update short and sweet since I have lots to do today.

Friday night- Dinner with FH's family. Amazing food. Our neice is going off to college so this was our chance to all eat together one last time before she moved. How exciting is that? I can remember going off to college like it was yesterday. Great times.

Also, Friday night, we won $100 on a scratch off ticket. What, What! I was excited. I never gamble or play the lottery but occasionally FH will buy a scratch off for me to play. I think it's fun but I will never spend my money on them. Haha
Here I am after realizing I got to blow extra cash at the mall soon.


I was pretty excited, as you can see.

Saturday morning. Shopping. My main goal was jewelry.


This is what happens when your husband says "I noticed you haven't bought any new jewelry lately." Never tell a wife that, she will def make up for it. I got some great deals and I'm excited to wear them!

Saturday night we went to hang out with friends. It was a GREAT time. Unfortunately this is the only pic that I took....and yeah, it's not a great one. But you can tell we are having a good time. Love these girls!




Sunday moring was cleaning time...our house needed a good cleaning. I even got FH to mop the floors....it's amazing what men will do for food. I informed him that I wouldn't go out to lunch with him until I finished cleaning so he asked what he could do to help. I gave him the choice of cleaning the toilets or mopping the floor. He quickly choice mopping {shocker} and actually did a great job!

After lunch, there was more shopping. {Don't judge.}
I got new tennis shoes.



I know they are ridiculously bright and I LOVE THEM. I feel like I am going to run as fast as an Olympic gold medalist since I have the same bright shoes. {A girl can dream.}

Once we got the girls back, it was time for hanging out in the backyard. We played a little softball, a little kickball, some ladder ball, and Kate and FH grilled us some pork chops.


All good Sunday nights should end with a meal like this....


.....and with a brand new episode of Big Brother, of course!!



stillbeingmolly
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Love the new jewelry and those bright shoes!! Wow! I can't believe you won $100! That is amazing! I either win nothing, or a dollar which then gives me hope and I go buy another one and then lose again lol. So happy for you! Have a wonderful day and thank you for sharing!
    -Kristen@favoritethings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winning $100??!?! Nice! Enjoy the jewelry, and those shoes are very bright and flashy. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy #YOLOMondays! I wish I had that kind of luck with scratch off tickets :( The most I've won to date is $5, haha!

    Vanessa @ 7jaded.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo Big Brother! I love that show :) Love your running shoes! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that you won $100 I love scratch off tickets! Also love ladder ball, I need to get us a set so we can play at home :)

    New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so unlucky at scratch offs. I never win. Congrats! And I like those shoes. I have this obsession with running shoes...even though I hate running. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great winning for a scratch off! Congrats! Also, I love love love those shoes!!

    New follower
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  8. $100?! I have never won more than like $6. But I keep playing... Hahaha. I want to go shopping strictly for jewelry! Love your new shoes!

    Stopping by (a little late) from the linkup! :)
    Christina at Easily Entertained

    ReplyDelete