Aug 13, 2012

Awkward Moments Brought to You by Yours Truly

Let's talk awkward moments. I mean, the word "awkward" is weird to me. I never know if there is one w or two w's. So if I misspelled that, please forgive me.

A day in the life of me always has awkward moments.

The lady in Walmart that checked me out the other day informed me that I was old. Well, in so many words. I bought something that required me being 18 {it was protein powder-who knew you had to be 18??} She laughed when I offered my ID. {I was just trying to follow the rules....} and she said "Honey, I hate to break it to you, but you look like you are over 18." And then I reached over the counter and punched her. Kidding. I only thought about it. I mean, it was about 12 years ago when I was actually 18, so I guess I shouldn't be offended, but I still was.

Right before I checked out that same day at Walmart {Please can a Target open up closer to me?!?}, I was standing in line waiting. I decided to get a drink while I waited, open it up and then pay for it once I got up there. I opened it and it was COMPLETELY FLAT. I so wanted to put it back, but I had already opened it....so that would be stealing, right? Plus I was terrified that someone would notice me and alarms in the store would go off "Thief on Register #2, someone stop her!!!" and then I get fired for my job because I got arrested and my kids have to be raised by their father and oh, it was just a bad situation. Needless to say, I drank the flat diet dr pepper and paid for it and left there without the cops being called.

Another awkward moment for me? Getting to work and THEN realizing that I just might be showing a little more cleavage than is appropriate for the work place. I wondered why my husband looked me up and down this morning with a big smile....oopsy.

Oh and finally, I checked my blog stats today {13 followers, yeeeeeaaahhhhh buuuuuuuudddddy} and guess how someone found my blog?

They googled "pimped out 4 door jeep image". Something tells me that person didn't stick around to actually read my blog....but at least I provided them with a great pic of a jeep.

Happy Awkward Monday! :)

miscellany monday at lowercase letters Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute blog! I agree I hate the word awkward, Im always wondering if i misspelled it.

    Im your newest follower :)

    http://www.mymakeupboxes.blogspot.com

    XOXO Tiffany

    ReplyDelete