Aug 8, 2012

I Think I Feel Gray Hair Growing

My kids are now 4th graders.
They are 9 going on 16.
This means I have exactly 9 more years until I can kick them out. Kidding.

The worst part about back to school time is the traffic in the mornings. We have to go through 1 school's traffic to get to our school, then get through the traffic in the pickup line. Luckily we live about 6 minutes from the school, last year we lived about 45. I'm not complaining.

The girls were super excited.

I get the mom of the year award for realizing last night that their uniform shirts from last year don't really still fit them. They have a combined total of two shirts. Awesome. Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of laundry.

The first day is always very tiring. Kate was already yawning during pictures.


If she is yawning like this already, I can't even imagine what she is going to do when she sees the homework load for a 4th grader.

My kids hate pictues. Actually, maybe I should say my kids HATE pictures. I blame this on my Instagram obsession, and maybe my blogging. Either way, it's hard to get good pics. Not to mention they were trying to watch TV over my shoulder while I was taking pics. {Something about "18 Kids & Counting" that you just can't stop watching.}







FH was just home from work and I made him get in the pictures too. You would never know he had been up for over 24 hours. Something about that man, he never gets grumpy when he hasn't slept. I'm a total different story.
Then we had to move outside to take pics. You can never get too many. I mean you only start 4th grade once {cause if you fail a grade, Momma won't be happy enough next year to take more pics}


Check out those new tennis shoes! Kate made me make sure that I got her new shoes in the pic. She is pretty proud of them as you can see them both turning their foot a little so you can see them. Wonder at what age it is that girls learn to love shoes? It's obviously pretty early.

The girls were super excited that their BFF is going to their school with them this year. Her mom and I are BFF and we went to this school many {MANY} years earlier. So glad they finally get to all three go together, but I am also scared for our sanity. These three are T-R-O-U-B-L-E when they are together.

I can see many many sporting events in our future with us moms embarassing them! That's what we are here for though, right?

Today marks a big day in our lives. I feel like every time they move up a grade, they are slipping away. I know it won't be long before I am just Mom and not the coolest person they know. Enjoy it while it lasts, pretty soon they will be wanting to ride to school with some boy!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. that yawning picture is great!! love the idea of taking those pictures each year. good luck the first week back to school!

    ReplyDelete