Dec 6, 2012

What's For Dinner??

Ok ladies and exhusbands, it's time for the recipe link up.
I'm sorry to report to you that I don't have a button.....life happens sometimes. So to participate, just include a link back to my blog in your post. And be sure you are following my blog! :)

I wanted to do a recipe for a meal that we eat often, but I haven't taken pictures of this meal and what's a blog post without pictures?!
So I'm going to tell you about the buffalo chicken dip that I made yesterday for our work potluck.
It is super yummy, really easy, but not healthy at all.
You have been warned.

What you will need:
2 (10 oz) cans of chicken
2 (8 oz) pkgs of cream cheese {I used the 1/3 less fat kind, don't use fat free, I've been told it doesn't melt well}
3/4 cups hot sauce
1 cup ranch dressing
2 cups mild cheddar cheese

Directions:
Drain chicken and put in medium sauce pan.
Add hot sauce and cook until heated throughout.
Add cream cheese and stir until blended.
Add ranch dressing.
Add 1&1/2 cups cheese and stir until blended.

Pour dip in crock pot and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.

Now dunk those chips and stuff your face.
If you take this dip to work, be sure to slap a sticky note on the crockpot to warn the old folks that it's hot.
And if you resist eating it all day, then the following may or may not happen on the way home from work. {Don't judge me. It was only a taste!}

Wash out empty crockpot and repeat.

Yum!

Now that you have your appetizer recipe with pictures, let me write out a good one that I have no pictures for. I can't remember where I found this recipe, but I altered it a little by adding chicken because my man has to have meat.

Pasta Bake

You will need:
1 box penne pasta
1 (15 oz) jar Alfredo sauce
1 (24 oz) jar Marinara sauce
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 cans chicken

Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
Mix sauces together in a large bowl.
Add mozz cheese to sauces, stir and combine.
Add pasta.
Add drained chicken and toss.

Add mix to a baking dish and cook for 20-25 minutes on 350 degrees. Remove from oven, sprinkle parm cheese on top, and put back in oven for another 5 minutes.

Serve with garlic bread so that it's good and fattening.
And there you got, dinner's ready!!!

I can't wait to read everyone's recipes today...hopefully at least a few of you link up. We can all use new ideas for the dreaded question:
What's for dinner, Mom?!


Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. I love buffalo chicken dip! I'm making it for a party next weekend.

    My recipe is buried in my Thursday Thoughts post, but it's there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love buffalo chicken dip! Can't wait to post a recipe later...great link up idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lora you aught to feel special. I haven't blogged in a week but couldn't pass this up. :)

    Thanks for the link up!

    BTW: Are you sporting that "ugly" sweater today? I'm pumped about Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super lazy and linked up the recipe I posted yesterday :) Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make this multiple times every year - love it - best stuff on the planet. Eat it with some great crackers and you are golden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, your opening line made me LOL because I know the feeling! Well kinda. My ex-husband isn't smart enough to know what a blog is or how to find mine, but I know my ex-hoebag-of a SIL does and I know that she loves to stalk around! It's fun to be so popular isn't it? Anywho, as said before on IG, LOVE the dip, I've made it 3 times already this holiday season and am making it again Saturday! And I cannot wait to try the pasta! I'm dying to know how the alfredo and marinara taste together! Thanks lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! I've never had buffalo dip. I have a good recipe that I will linkup with tomorrow! I stole it from my Meemaw. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I am following you now and love your dip recipe. having an empty bowl in the end is always great news.
    I will definitely give it a try for the season and would love for you to follow along.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/12/continuing-on-with-tradition.html

    ReplyDelete