Dec 28, 2012

Facebook Just Got a Little Bit More Crowded-er

Yes, I'm fully aware that "crowded-er" is not a word.
But I think it sounds good.
And it's appropriate since this morning, I took the plunge.
I made my own facebook page.
Won't you go like it here so that I don't look like a rahtard with no friends? I knew I could count on you!

So, last night, I made the stairmaster my B. Okay, well I only did it for 11 minutes but I climbed 50 flights of stairs and my bum is now killing me. I haven't been on the stairmaster in FOR-EV-VER (with my best Sandlot impression) so it was good to switch things up a bit. I also did HIIT (high intensity interval training) on the the treadmill. Don't know what that is? Don't worry, I didn't know either until about last year when my husband informed me that I was wasting my time doing a cardio machine on easy for so long. Apparently, in order to burn more calories, you do intervals. So run as hard as you can (and feel like an idiot in the gym) for about 2 or 3 minutes, and then walk super duper slow for about a minute, then repeat. Yesterday I ran at a 6.5 pace...I know this might not be fast for most of you, but you should know that I was blessed with the shortest and thickest legs in history so it's pretty fast for me. And then I walked at a 3.5 pace. Let me just tell you....that shiz works. I was drenched with sweat when I got done. I would have taken a picture but I'm what we like to call an ugly sweater (not to be confused with a sweater that you wear, is there a spelling difference? I'm not sure but you get my drift.)

Also, on my list of last night accomplishments, I must tell you that this happened:


Yep, the husband wanted to go eat Mexican, my fave. Normally, this is a direct route to stuffing my face. I can swim in a fountain of white cheese dip, I can eat enough chips to put the place out of business, and of course, I want some tortillas too.....but I'm on no carbs until New Years so I was a little panicked. But my IG family was there to save the day. I already knew I would get grilled chicken and just leave off the tortilla, but my good friend Laura told me to get some guacomole.....well I am not a fan of guacomole but I LOVE avocado so I ordered that to go with my chicken and it was AMAZING! I had no chips, no white cheese dip (besides a small amout on my chicken), and no tortillas. And I still felt great afterwards.
Mission Accomplished.

I know one of my problems is that I don't drink nearly enough water. So I had this great idea to have everyone post a picture on IG of an empty bottle of water each time they finish one off and tag it with #drinkmorewater.....I'm hoping this makes me and others drink more water....but we shall see. Join us! Drink more water! They say it is good for you......not to mention, your day can go by faster if you spend 85% of it in the bathroom. :) {follow me on instagram @mrsloyoung}

Oh and guess what? IT'S FRIDAY Y'ALL! I'm excited......if I can make it through today......My work BFF is off work today and two of my email buddies are off work too.....so make sure you leave me a comment or I just might  not survive this day without using any vacation time....and we all know I don't need to do that!

Happy Friday!! Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. Way to go with no chips at the mexican place... that is my WEAKNESS... I love me some chips and dip!!!! ahhh! You are much more brave and have better self control than I! Way to kick butt! And I'm going to try to do 11 minutes on the stair master tonight and see how it goes... Usually I do 5 minutes! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck girl.....I'm down here "working" it up! :) We are going to concur these 8 hours!

    No chips @ a Mexican restaurant, I got to hand it to you. WAY TO GO!!!!

    Happy Friday! Hollar at me & we'll get our walk on today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not have survived the Mexican restaurant, so kudos to you my friend! I think I shall try the HIIT this a.m. because I usually go easy and it's getting me nowhere. Although my body hurts from that bitch Jillian so I should probably just get out of bed and see how that goes first. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go lady!!! Burning up fat on a treadmill AND skipping chips and dip?! SUPER STAR! Please let today pass quickly. This two day work week has been more than I can handle. UGH! TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to stick with the no carb at a Mexican restaurant! I, for the record, love guacamole and it sounds delicious on the chicken.

    Yay for the FB page! I can barely keep up with my personal page, let alone start a blog page. Maybe if ever get more followers, I'll consider it. :) Off to like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god you are amazing. No carbs at a mexican place? Chips and salsa are my most favorite thing ever. Seriously, youre now an idol of mine for accomplishing that.

    How have you been doing with no carbs? Is it like really really hard?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha almost time for our vacay time to reset, who will use theirs all up first, you or me? haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout out. Yay for you! I used to hate guacamole too but it is so freakin good when it's homemade! See you to run in the morning!!

    ReplyDelete