Dec 12, 2012

Triple 12

In case you haven't noticed, or if you just woke up {I'm jealous}, it's 12-12-12 today. In honor of the date, I'm going to do 12 blog posts today. Kidding. It will only be 10 2.

I had a few people ask me about my Christmas work party yesterday.
Let me break it down for you.
Bar food.
Hot wings, chicken fingers, loaded potato skins, this post is already making me hungry, and cheese sticks.
Not to mention cake and pie. There was sugar free dessert as well, but when you are already having fried everything you can think of on your plate, why bother with the sugar free dessert?
I even went all out and had a real Dr Pepper, skipping the normal Diet DP. I know, I know, it got crazy up in there.

Giveaways.
Yes, there were door prizes.
But unlike the lucky IG'er that I follow that won an iPad mini at her Christmas party, ours were sucky not quite as great.
There were tshirts, and umbrellas, and giftcards.
Two of my friends won prizes.
I won nothing.
I only gained 14 lbs from said food.
But don't you worry, I didn't go home empty handed....
cause after we were dismissed {and some people stayed behind to get trashed}, I headed out to the war zone. Aka shopping.

I went to Walmart, Target, the Dollar Store, Lowe's, and to another Walmart.
Yes, that's really two Walmarts. Stick a fork in my eye.
Please note, I would rather have my toenails pulled out than go to the mall during this time of the year.
Unless of course, FH drives me.
Then, I'll totally close my eyes and go along for the ride.
But if I'm alone, it's not gonna happen.
Well, probably not.
It really makes me mad that you bandwagon shoppers take over MY mall during this season. I mean, where are you during the year when us hardcore shoppers are stimulating the economy?
Huh? Huh?
We shop on the reg so when it's time for all y'all seasonal shoppers to come out, we are not happy.
Rant over.

I did accomplish something yesterday that I never thought possible.
Only the brave can take on this challenge....
.........wait for it.......
I spent $43 in the Dollar Tree.
I know, that takes talent, right?!
What can I say, I'm a classy girl.
Everyone got $1 each for the gifts and I went hog wild.
Or else I just bought a ton of stocking stuffers there.

And speaking of stockings.
One certain husband is getting a HUGE stocking this year.
It weighs at least 49 lbs and is packed full of goodies.
Can't wait for him to open it!



And now I'm back at work.
It should be mandatory that all Christmas parties be on Fridays....
who wants to leave work early yesterday in a Friday-ish atmosphere only to come back to hump day?
Not I.

Happy Hump Day!

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. That stocking is out of control!

    I must confess too, I totally love the Dollar Tree. I mean, everything is a dollar, what could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you spent $43 at Dollar Tree! That has to be a record! Also, Lee might be a little bit jealous that FH's stocking is HUGE! Way to make me look bad! #wifeoftheyearfail

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY stocking girl... and the dollar tree 43 bucks - WOW. I can't wait for the work Holiday parties this weekend - so much fun. E gets NOTHING this year so he would be all over that big stocking, but he will have to settle for some cookies and 2 crazy kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dollar Tree! They have some pretty great stuff in there. I am going on Friday to get all of my stocking stuffers! And dayum, FH must have been an extra good boy this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you had the best group of friends to chat with at lunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE you 50lb stocking! That's hysterical! I completely agree- they should've let ya'll do this on a Friday! Umm hellooo who planned this shin dig- you need on the committee- rig the prizes too :) Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a sweet stocking!

    Who serves a sugar free dessert after loading you up with fried food? Just keep it coming, fools.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that stocking is SO big! he's lucky to have it full of gifts!

    ReplyDelete