Dec 27, 2012

Annnnnnnnnnd Another One Bites the Dust

And now you will be singing that song all day.
You're welcome.

In case you are keeping score and lezzbihonest I'm always keeping score this is the current score in our house.

house plague-1 Kate-0
house plague-1 Alex-0
house plague-1 FH-0
house plague-0 Yours truly-1 {knocks on wood}
house plague total-3 family-1

That's right. Poor FH has fallen to the plague that has taken over our house. And yours truly is still standing strong....for now.

Since the girls are with their Dad this week and FH was in bed sick all afternoon/night, I was a single lady out on the town! {Can I get a witness?!}

Would you like to know how my wild and crazy night went?

gym
grocery store
laundry
cooking
shower
early to bed.

A little GTL GGLCSE, if you will.

It was an eventful night.

But for real, what the crap do people that don't have kids do every night?? Please ignore this question if you don't have kids...because at one point, I was single and didn't have kids either and I know life was super busy. No disrespect to anyone, but I think it's not really the no kids thing, but more taking out any factor that you spend lots of time on, suddenly, you are lost! It's so weird when your life is on a different path for a few days....

For instance,
Dinner? I'll just eat leftovers. I mean, I only have to worry about myself so I'm not cooking.
Gym? What time is it? Who cares? I don't have to be anywhere to pick anyone up or feed anyone dinner...all I care about is the amount of time I have been on each machine.
Bedtime? Whenever I please. I think I'll just go to bed now cause I'm tired....or I'll stay up late because I don't have to ship anyone off to school tomorrow.

It was pretty great....but soon enough I'll be ready for my babies to be back home and in my hair!

In other news, I finally signed up for the St Louis half marathon yesterday. I'm super excited/scared to death. I've never ran more that like 3 miles and walked about 5 or 6. And I have only walked that far when I was running my mouth with friends...so I have no idea how I will do it, but I know I will finish. Somehow.
You have to say how long you expect to finish the entire race and I chose the longest amount of time, which is around 3 hours. SURELY I will do better than this, but you just never know...and well, I would rather be at the front of the loser group than at the back of the winner group. Does that make sense?

Cheers to half marathon training......I'm tired just thinking about it!

Happy Thursday!! Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. Oh we are going to ROCK it. I can't wait to run this one with you all. YAY,

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness go you! I wanna do a half... do you live in St. Louis??????????? Gah! PS I wanna know what these "non parental units" do as well... ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you sign up for the GO in STL? my first one was the RNR in STL and I'm supposed to be training now for Disney in Feb ... :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take some Emergen-C to ensure you don't catch the house plague! How is the running thang going? I am terrified for mine too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's get it half marathon time!! WOOP WOOP!! People without kids are super boring and read lots of trashy romance novels. Sometimes we stay up super late on Saturday night and curse or luck on Saunday morning. You ain't missing much. Hope ya'll feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep away from the plague! Seriously though, I hope you don't get sick. Yuck.

    Yay on signing up for the half! I'm still contemplating because it still scares the bejeezus out of me, but just like high school, I have to do what all the cool kids are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay well! Caleb has shared his bug with me but I'm not as sick as he was. It's almost impossible not to catch a cold from a baby who is wiping his snot all over you. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just signed up for my first half too!! Jesus I'm scared! Training will start this month, and I have never trained for anything in my life!!! It's going to be hard, but I need to get my ass moving! Readin yours, nd other blogs, has given me so much motivation!! We can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much is it right now. I still haven't signed up yet. You're an overachiever!

    ReplyDelete