Nov 1, 2012

Say My Name, Say My Name

Ok. Raising Steppe Sisters. That's the name. Don't wear it out.
I chose the name of my blog pretty easily and it's not that great of a story....my daughters' last names are Steppe.
We like to call them "the Steppe sisters".
It really confuses people because they are identical so they could never actually be stepsisters.
I looooove to find out how people named their blog because I have seen some RANDOM blog names.
I can't wait to read everyone's posts! Make sure you are following my blog and the BFF's blog and link up below!

Now. Moving on.
I'm not sure if you heard, but last night was Halloween.
It's true. I'm sure you didn't notice.
I think my FAVORITE part of the day was looking at everyone's costumes on Instagram. Man, people are creative!

The girls went with their dad last night so I was a little sad.
Our first Halloween in our neighborhood and we had no kids.
I told FH I was sad and this is how that convo went:

Me: "We're so lame. It's Halloween and we have no kids. We are gonna sit at home bored."
FH:"No we aren't. We are putting that bucket of candy on the porch and we are going to eat Mexican. We gotta take advantage of a date night!"

That's one of the million reasons why I love him.

Oh and guess who gets the "Genius Mom of the Year Award"?
This one.
Want to know why?
The girls have a dentist appointment today.
Talk about bad timing.
I'm pretty sure they probably ate enough candy last night to get a cavity. Or at least I know that I did.

K&A were a chef and a zombie.
It was not my idea.
I wanted my sweet little girl to be something other than a scary zombie. And we won't even talk about the bath she got last night to scrub off the zombie makeup.
AND THE HAIRSPRAY.
I could shoot somebody.
My bathtub is still black from scrubbing her.





They got to go on a hayride and had an absolute blast.
I was so excited that we managed to give away all of our candy.
And then the girls came home.
With at least 25 lbs of candy.
Each.
Oh goodness.
This is HALF of it.

Needless to say, my pants are tight today.
And every day.

Maybe next year I can convince them to be something cute that doesn't involve makeup or hairspray. Or ripped up clothes.
I'm just glad they had fun.

Don't forget to link up and follow both blogs.
Can't wait to read each post. Hopefully we get more than one. :)

I'll leave you with the quote of the night last night.
We overheard our waitress talking to some guy about some girl.
#smalltownlivinproblems
Quote: "She's got a boyfriend. Oh yeah, and a husband. She cheats on the husband but not on the boyfriend."
Yep. That really happened.
Gosh, that boyfriend should be relieved that he isn't getting cheated on..........
It's like a good episode of Jerry Springer.
Makes you feel so much better about your own life.

Make sure you grab the button below, follow both blogs, and link up below. :)

Running on Empty
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. You have a good blog name, Lora. I love the play on words. Also, I tagged you in my post so people will be sure to visit your page. If you doing any other linkups this month, let me know so I can shamelessly plug you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly peed my pants with the up close pic of your daughter. Great zombie makeup/look!

    I love the play on the name for your blog. Too cute! Unfortunately, I don't have a good reason for my blog name. Just out of happiness? Ha.

    Also, if you have headaches, caffiene/chocolate are good for them. At least that's my excuse as to why my two years old GIGANTOR stash of candy is vanishing at an alarming rate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this linkup - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My blog name before I changed it was weinerwhistle.blogspot.com.

    hahahah.

    This is why it was that. http://www.lifeaccordingtosteph.com/2011/08/why-would-she-name-her-blog.html

    Ridiculous, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a no hair spray and face paint rule this year. It cost me more dollars than I would have liked, but I was also able to shower without my feet coming out discolored, i so feel your pain. Mr Clean Eraser anyone? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better late than never right? :)

    ReplyDelete