Nov 8, 2012

Love From Your #1 Kid

It's so easy to forget why we blog.
I mean, I don't know why anyone else blogs, but I started out blogging so that my girls would have a book to read about their lives. A yearbook, if you will.
Maybe this comes from being the third child and having no baby book to look back on my life. Or maybe it's just a good excuse to write.
Either way.
It's really easy to forget this when I get carried away with meeting new blogger friends.
Don't get me wrong, I looooooove me some fellow bloggers, but I don't want to lose sight of what this blog is for.
With Christmas fast approaching and a new year on the horizon (gosh, I sound retarded), I will be making my 2012 blog book soon.
I can't wait to share it with my family. And I can't help but cringe hoping I haven't written anything that my kids won't want to read when they are older.

I've never been the sentimental type.
Buy me some flowers...I'm gonna take a pic of it but I'll prob forget to water them and they'll die soon. Trust me.
Draw me a picture and I swear it will end up in the trash. I mean, I love my kids lots but they are HUGE into writing and drawing and yeah, I save some....but if I were to save every single thing, I would be famous. From being a star on that show Hoarders.
So, whenever they do something sweet, I like to blog about it.
Now before you start hating on me for throwing stuff away, please note, I have saved a lot.
Even my desk at work is filled with love.

I got this note in my lunchbox one day after I had put a note in Kate's lunch the day before.
and I couldn't bare to throw this one away from a really long time ago on PRESIDENTS day:

Happy Presented Day....it's the new "President's Day" in case you didn't know.

And one more just because I'm "the best friend ever"....

This morning I got another note in my lunchbox.
It was just too sweet!

I'm pretty sure that pic is clear enough to read.
I have absolutely no clue where the "if Dad gets a girlfriend..." part came from, but glad to know I will always be her mom. Good thing because I'd hate to have to beat somebody up.
And I absolutely love that I will be with her for her HOLE life. If you know me, you know this makes me cringe. But it's totally okay for a 9 year old to get "hole" and "whole" messed up. Not so much for a person over 20.

Also, along with the election, the girls learned lots at school about voting. Alex came home with this and I was pretty proud when I was reading it.....although I will keep my thoughts to myself on how the president elected may or may not actually fill her wishes. Since this one is a little more difficult to read, I'll write it out.

In your opinion, what are the most important qualities a person running for President of the United States should have?

I want my president to love our LORD, to be a cristen. Him to have GOD in his heart. Him to not be bad him be a loving person. I want him to not steal from the white house and not steal at all. Him to be nice not mean. Him  too love everybody. Lower taxes or not even have taxes at all. Let the people that go to colege little less money. He needs to love our country. Help the people in need and that is jobless. He needs to have a family that goes to church. A family that loves him. He can't go cookoo about being president.

And there you have it folks. Her exact answer to the question. Apparently we need to work on grammar and spelling, but I'm glad that she knows that the man in charge is definitely someone higher up than the president.

I can't wait to look back on this 10 years from now and remember.
I have definitely learned that time flies by and they will be grown before I know it.

Happy Thursday!!
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Awww I love this! I am also the SAME way with flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were super cute:-) I love the "if dad ever gets a girlfriend..." kids (yours being front runner's at the moment) crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those notes! You have a sweet girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um... Can I just come kidnap Kate? How freaking precious and the "if dad ever gets a girlfriend..." part cracked me up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That letter is just presh! I love her heart! Alex Steppe President 2041. I just rocked the vote for 29 years from now. The country sounds like it would be safe in her care. ;)

    ReplyDelete