Nov 13, 2012

You are Mean like a Pig!

It's Tuesday.
Not Monday.
But it's my first day at work this week. Love that.
I was off work yesterday for Veteran's Day.
I love my government job and all the holidays that it comes with.

So, since it's Tuesday, Tell Me About Tuesday is going to be my weekend update. And that's how we catch up in the blogging world.....

Saturday was tailgating for the Memphis game.
Tailgating is my favorite sport, I'm pretty sure.
And we obviously love to eat.

The amount of food we had compared to the amount of people we had with us was kind of hilarious. But none of us went hungry!
Also, in case you have never been to Memphis, this is why Memphians are fat.
Barbeque nachos. Minimum serving: 10 lbs.

Don't worry, the whole family shared these.
Thank goodness we shared, or else we wouldn't have had room for leftover late night pizza.

Thank goodness I'm on a diet. If I weren't, I might have overeaten this weekend.



The game was lots of fun and we actually stayed til the very end...that never happens. Amazing how fun a game is when you aren't actually getting your butt kicked. Who knew?!

We also did a lot of zombie watching this weekend.
I finally got Season One of The Walking Dead on Netflix.
I have never been a zombie lover, they freak me out.
But FH got me addicted to this show.
Amazing what you will do to spend time with your best friend....and then accidentally decide you love something.
The girls do not watch the show, but Kate decided that since she was a zombie for Halloween, that FH's shirt had her on it.


Needless to say, I've had nightmares about zombies all weekend.

We had some visitors on Sunday night.
One of my best friends came over with her handsome baby.
Baby fever is already in our house, but let's just say that this child spiked the fever even higher!!
Can't wait til we have a little one in our house.



K&A argued the whole time about who got to hold him. Well, I guess I argued with them too, but I'm the mom so I don't really count. I told them that if they acted that way, then I would never have a baby because I didn't want them arguing more.
Their solution?
"That's why you need to have two babies Mom!"
Negative.
Been there, don't that.

And on a final note, since I want to remember the good, the bad, AND THE UGLY, I have to share this little gem of a note left for me.
Since I posted about sweet notes the other day, I know I have to keep it real and show you this:

Yep. That really happened last night.
Sweet little Kate had a bad night.
And since she wrote this message, she lost her dry erase board and went to bed early while eating dinner in her room alone.

Not every day is pretty.
Which brings to mind my ABSOLUTE favorite quote that could not be more accurate in regards to raising children.
I have no idea who said this.
"The days are long, but the years are short."
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Happy Tuesday Peeps!
Looking forward to a short week. :)

Helene in Between
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Holy crap I am dying at that note. HILARIOUS.

    Also, I won't lie, the food is one of the reasons MFD and I are considering a Nashville/Memphis/Graceland road trip in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha that note just made my day. lucky that you had off yesterday. thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my husband would LOVE those BBQ nachos! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Eating dinner in their bedroom.... I think my teens would find that as a reward, lol. But at first I was like YES! Then reality set in that they hide from me in their room all the time. :-) Hopefully she woke up chipper :-) ya mean pig you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BBQ nachos? For real? That sounds like something I NEED to have.

    I can't believe she wrote that! I have to admit I laughed. Even though it was a little humorous, it definitely merited the lose of dry erase privileges.

    Glad you had a (mostly) fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete