Nov 23, 2012

Closed Businesses on Black Friday

Today, I'm at work.
Poke my eye out with a rusty butter knife.
All businesses outside of retail should be closed today.
Am I the only one working? From the echo of my keyboard, it sounds like it.
You see, I have this problem called I like to use my vacation time every Friday. Like that one time I came in and only worked 3 hours. It's a really bad problem.
Recently, I have decided that I need to start saving up my vacation time for my future unborn child.
Why did I decide this in the holiday season?
No clue.
But I did, so I'm here.

I didn't go shopping yesterday.
Let's face it, I knew that I would already be grumpy about coming to work today so I didn't want to add to it by staying up all night.
Big mistake.
Once again, I felt like the girl that was sitting home on prom night.
So next year, I'm doing Black Friday big.
We're talking making black tshirts for our group to wear, oh yeah and getting a group together.
Maybe even having a few cocktails beforehand just to make it interesting.
Who's with me?!

Since I'm at work today, I wore elastic pants. As in, not cute leggings, but workout pants. Fo real.
I figure if I have to be here, I can at least be comfty.
So, I really did wear yoga pants to work
Also, I woke up to swollen eyes, almost like I was allergic to my eye makeup...but as you can imagine, my face had to match my outfit today so obviously I hardly have any makeup on.
Gosh, swollen eyes, workout clothes, little makeup?
I know what you're thinking....this is your favorite fashion blog around and you want pictures?! Or not.

Speaking of elastic pants, I had a tiny bit of a meltdown yesterday on Thanksgiving Day. You know when you want to look all cute but you realize you need to lose about 50 lbs but don't think it's possible to do within the next hour? So you stuff yourself into every outfit that you have and NOTHING looks cute. And your poor husband just kind of looks at you like you're crazy? Yeah, that's the kind of meltdown I had. It wasn't pretty. But it's just necessary sometimes.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving...and that at least a few of you have exciting stories/comments to share...I am, after all, going to have the longest day in the history of working on Black Friday.

Happy Friday Friends!

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I'm working too! wahh wahh wahh.
    BUT at least we are both blogging at work...that says something about our BUSY DEMANDING day ahead! Don't stab your eye out, and I promise I won't either!

    &&Drunk Black Friday shopping...is the only way to do it lady! woot woot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a rusty butter knife...make me laugh. We were up at six o'clock getting three kids ready for 9:00 family pictures which was butter knife worthy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be in next years black friday group! Oh and I so vote for cocktails prior to the madness! #makeithappen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who the hell is open on Black Friday? That sucks.

    ReplyDelete