Nov 26, 2012

I'm Just not as Cool as You Guys

Obviously, it's monday so it's time for the weekend update.

But first, I'd just like to say.....I've been reading about a bajillion blogs this morning and well, I just don't feel as cool as some of the blogs I read! Man, you heifers are hilarious and it makes my morning to read the funny mess you write.
Thank goodness we are all "friends" so I can pretend to be cool.
And thanks for making me feel like I need to step up my blogging game.

Ok, so back to the weekend update.
We had a laid back weekend that consisted of eating too much food, laughing tons, running not enough, and cleaning and decorating mixed in with a little shopping.

I discovered on Saturday that since we recently bought a house and made the move from an apartment, our Christmas decorations are definately lacking. Our tree is a midget can be referred to as a "little tree". And our ornaments are 90% somebody gave me this or my kids made it so I have to love it type ornaments.
Since our tree is so tiny {and size does matter}, we have decided against my bettter judgement to get a real tree this year.
Our tiny tree and minimal decorations just won't cut it for the keg party  big Christmas party we are having at our house this year.
Stay tune to find out if a squirrel jumps out of our Christmas tree (think A Christmas Vacation horrible live tree with the squirrel) cause that's my biggest fear. Well, that and having to vacuum at least 45 times per day and remembering to water the dang thing. {Which I totally won't do but FH will, and I'll still think about it....}

We also decorated the mantel. And by decorated, I mean that it has some garland and lights, but it looks really pretty in the dark at least....

I like to think my Christmas decorations allow me to "keep it real"....not everybody is a freaking interior designer and can put some dang pine needles up and make the house look AMAZING. Either way, Santa will still be visiting so whatevs.

Also on our weekend list of things we did was run over the basketball. Yep, you read that right.
It takes pure talent to get a ball stuck up in your tire.
And that's what we did.

I thought FH was going to shoot me when he was freaking out that our car was messed up and I asked him to stop so I could take a picture. But luckily, he is the husband of a blogger so he knows how important a story and a picture can be.
No balls were harmed in the making of this story.

And neither was my car.

Last night around 6, after we got home from the grocery store, I got an email from K&A's teacher reminding us to not forget our salt dough for the volcano they are making in class.
Awesome. It's due tomorrow she said.
So off FH went, back to the store to get the makings for the dough.

The girls had a lot of fun making it and I had zero fun cleaning it up.  Luckily we made the same stuff last year, so we are getting pretty good at making it...not to mention, we already had the $10 bottle of Cream of Tartar that is needed...I mean, who the heck keeps cream of tartar in their house?!

The girls are being super nice to each other, hugging, holding hands, and just getting along in general. I wondered if the Apocolypse was approaching, but then I overheard them say that they were "pretening like they liked each other" {direct quote} so that Bella the Elf would make an appearance in our house. Nothing like an elf and Santa Claus to get kids to behave. {excuse the evil red eyes}


We have a very busy week ahead of us. Monday: basketball practice, Wednesday: softball pitching lessons, Thursday & Friday: Christmas play practice. Saturday night: stuff my fat tail into a cute dress for a wedding. All week: starving myself to prepare for Saturday night. {We'll see how that works out for me....}

Hope you all had a great weekend!

stillbeingmolly Pin It Now!

15 comments:

  1. Your Christmas decorations look like mine. A much as I'd like to feel like an interior designer, it just doesnt happen. That may have something to do with getting my stuff at the dollar store...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious. I love that the girls are getting along - hahaha. I know the elf has yet to help in our house. I hear you - this Friday I have a dinner - so that = don't eat all week. HA. Happy Monday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I get what what about the low key Christmas decor? I am with ya sista. Amen. It seems that I missed the boat when Martha Stewart personally gave all of my other friends tutorials on how to be decorate chic. Call me lazy but I like to keep it simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too on the holiday decorations! I feel so incompetent when I'm standing in my kitchen with an armful of holly and absolutely no plan of attack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 it's my goal now to find you a squirrel for your tree!
    #2 that email totally said if you forgot you can bring the dough Tuesday #werollwiththelatecrowd haha
    #3 at least you have your tree up, I am SO behind

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like your christmas decor. i have NONE up yet. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha, I love they are pretending to be nice! Smart kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am scared as hell daily that our real tree will burn down. Also, last year's tree ruined my vacuum hose for eternity. I almost have MFD convinced on a fake tree.

    I am so not arty farty fancy with the Christmas decor. It sort of looks like Christmas threw up in my house when I'm done. Especially the parts MFD does. hahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad no balls harmed...you had me worried for a minute :)

    I love your baby tree and that k&a know how to work the system! Smart girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Charlie Brown tree! I haven't even hauled the Christmas stuff up from the basement yet. Decorating is so not my forte.
    Good news that your girls are getting along. It seems like mine are forever fighting about something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You'll love the smell of the real tree! We're debating about not getting a real one this year (after having that magic in the house last year) and taking out our Charlie Brown tree due to our toddler's curiosity....wish us luck either way;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am your newest follower!

    I think your small christmas tree is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the most pathetic little tree I have ever seen, Lora! HAHA Please post pictures of your real tree. I am so jealous... We have a bushy fake one on top of a box {to make it look bigger}. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You, my friend, are hilarious. I love the part about your husband wanting to kill you for stopping him to take a picture for blogging purposes. My husband gives me the stare of death every second I stop him from eating so I can take a picture of our food for blogging purposes lol...men, they just don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My normal go-to funny blogs are lacking lately...share who you read with me so I can be laughing at my desk first thing in the morning too!!!

    ReplyDelete