Feb 19, 2013

Where Did February Go?

Seriously though, February is coming to an end next week.
Really?
That was fast.
Does anyone else always have trouble spelling that month?
I know I do. I think Spanish class messed me up.
Because I may or may not remember that it is spelled like one letter different in Spanish. Or I might have made that up. I didn't pay that much attention in Spanish class.

I'm okay with this month slipping away though because March is a big month at our house.
K&A turn 10 and FH turns 93. Or something like that.
Not to mention.......SPRING!
I can't wait for warmer weather.

Because I'm lazy this morning and because I was off work yesterday and have tons of work to catch up on, I'll provide you a weekend update in bullet point form. If I can remember it all.

-Friday was a success because I used no vacation time at work. That is a big deal for me because I feel like I should always leave early on Fridays.

-Friday night was a big fat fail because instead of going to the gym with FH, I sat at home and watched TV and read my book. I've discovered that having a good book to read makes me lazy and makes me skip workouts. So, I finished the book I was reading and I'm going to TRY NOT TO start another one for awhile.

-Saturday morning was a success. I know you might not believe this, but FH&I ate a meal AT OUR HOUSE INSTEAD OF GOING OUT TO EAT!!! I even gave him a high five.

-Saturday afternoon we went car shopping and finally found a car! Hallelujah! We have been looking for awhile now for something with good gas mileage, older, cheap, but not too old or cheap. Apparently everyone and their grandma buys used cars now so it was a task....now just pray that the car is still there when we go back tomorrow to get it.

-Saturday night we watched the Tigers game at Fox...and I ate bad. But not horrible, so that's a good deal. They have the best pizza ever so Fat Lora wanted to order one and "take the leftovers home for later" which we all know is fat girl lingo for eat the entire thing. But I didn't.

-Sunday morning, bright and early, I met my cousin Jaime for a run/walk at a nearby park. I was SUPER EXCITED about this for many reasons. First, she introduced me to a nearby park that I didn't realize had a 2 mile track. I have been looking for one that you didn't have to go around the track like 4 times just to make a mile. Second, she is my favoritest cousin ever and as we have gotten older, we haven't hung out as much as I would like. Third, I was sooooo lazy Sunday morning that I doubt I would have gotten up if I wasn't already committed to her. And fourth, we may not have ran as much as planned, but we had a great time running our mouths. We invited Janessa too, but she was a lazy bum and didn't come. {Just calling you out J, like good friends do. :)}


-Sunday afternoon I went to a baby shower. It made my ovaries cry a little, but it was a good time. The mom-to-be is adopting and it has been a long time coming so I was so excited for her! So excited that I even curled my hair and wore heels...I don't do that for just anybody.




-Sunday night we cooked out. The girls love to cookout and help out a lot. Oh and I had the great idea to cook two meals while we had the grill going so we had dinner made for Sunday night and Monday night. Score. We may or may not have dropped a porkchop, cleaned it off, and pretended like it never happened. But according to IG, most of my friends would have done the same.
Kate is our master griller.

and master at duck faces.



Gosh, this is a long post...is anyone still with me??

-Monday was President's day so no work or school. We went shopping with my mom and sister, then sat around the house being lazy. It was great to have nowhere to be and nothing to do.

Now we are back to the normal grind....short weeks are the worst because they last FOREVER. But I am determined to work out hard this week, keep track of my food, get a new car, maybe get a spray tan, and keep up with all housework so it doesn't pile up for the weekend. What do you have planned for this week??

Happy Tuesday Errrrbody! :)

Pin It Now!

15 comments:

  1. I miss you when you're gone. Or MIA just for a day....but still, I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story about dropping dinner...I made spaghetti for dinner a while back and attempted to put the leftovers away for my husband to eat when he got home. When I tried to dump the noodles in a dish they all fell out in one big clump and landed on my (no so cleanish) kitchen floor. I may or may not have told my husband what happened and let him eat it anyway........
    HAPPY TUESDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out, haha! I seriously didn't even think about waking up before 9 Sunday morning. Normally even when I'm lazy I will wake up a few time in the morning. I am really upset though because I didn't know that park had a two mile track either. We need to go this weekend one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone have trouble spelling February? Who doesn't? Subway has totally thrown me off with Febru-ANY too. I just started singing that song in my head. The girls are going to be TEN?! That's exciting! Hope you're having a great day lady! You looked so great in your baby shower outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missssed you!!!! Don't ever not post again. I will cry. And facebook you to ask if you are still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never have bank holidays off!

    We totally would've done the same with the pork chop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you looking all sexy and whatnot!! That food yall grilled looks so good! Fox does seriously have the best pizza. What park was it. You know that Jaime and I are cousins too. I always figured that meant you and I were cousins too...cuz. = ) Jealous you were off work yesterday! Are you coming this Saturday? Random, long comment...sorry lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What book were/are you reading? I love to read (nerd alert!) Haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute are you with your curled hair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You looked adorable for the shower. I, on the other hand, became a lazy bum for the rest of the day...except for the massive, delicious, and oh so fattening dinner I cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally would have picked off the grass and grilled the steak too. That fire is going to kill off any germs left anyway, right? You look very pretty all dolled up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always think I am spelling February wrong. That and tomorrow. Never get those right.

    I would totally eat a steak off the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so used to seeing your profile picture with straight hair, that the curls threw me. Sounds like a funfilled weekend!

    ReplyDelete