Feb 15, 2013

Millions of Pics with my BFF

Creative title, huh?
Thought so.
So I know yesterday was the day of love for all yous guys.
{Do people really talk like that? 'All y'all' sounds much better.}
But today is my day of love.
On this day, 3 years ago, FH asked me to be his girlfriend.
And about 3 days BEFORE that, I had already dubbed him FH (Future Husband) so I didn't have to think long and hard about my answer.

FH and I were in a wedding together long ago.
He was a groomsmen, I was a bridesmaid.
It was love at first sight. He had no clue he was going to like me.
You see, I have a thing for bald men.
I can spot one a mile away, like a hunter tracking a deer.
So I noticed him.
But he didn't really notice me.
Who could blame him, I was fresh out of a really long stint as a desperate housewife. My hair was short and my butt was big.
It was weird when I was asked to be a bridesmaid in this wedding.
I barely knew the girl, but since it was an out of town wedding, and I was desperate to head towards a party, I was in.
Little did I know, it would be the best decision that I ever made.
I hated the dress. I felt like a cow.
But it was totally worth it.

look at those baby faces! and my gross short hair.
I flirted.
A lot.
But he had a crush on my friend.
And I love a good challenge.

Once we got home from the wedding, the bride sent us all an email thanking us for being part of her big day.
Score, this stalker now had his email.
So like any hunter tracking a deer, I emailed him.
AND GOT NO RESPONSE. Really?
Challenge accepted.

I added him on MySpace (RIP MySpace) and on Facebook.
Yes, I'm persistant.

You should know something about me.
Back in my single days, I was a little bit wild.
Not a lot, but almost all my girlfriends were single and I was living the life that I missed out on since I married so young.
And for some reason, I documented it all on facebook like a teenage girl.
Facebook was just the perfect outlet for me, because I've always had random, funny thoughts, but I'm kinda shy when I first get to know people, or don't know people that well. In real life I mean.
So, almost every random thought I had, it went on my status.
Yes, I was that annoying girl.
Now, I'm just that annoying girl on IG, I've grown up so much.
FH was the silent stalker fb type.
The kind that reads, but never comments.
So i basically forgot he was on there.
And then one day, he commented.
What?!
And then he did it again.
This is pretty much a year after the wedding.
And we started talking via facebook.
And then we moved to texting.
And then, I asked him out.
Really.
I just knew we would have fun together, even if he didn't realize it yet.
And we did.
And then I swore to myself that I wouldn't ask him out on the second date, that I would wait, and let him chase me.
And then I changed my mind.
I remember asking him if he wanted to hang out on Saturday.
His response:"well yeah, but it's only Tuesday, I'm not making plans for Saturday"
Men!

The rest is pretty much history.
He has been my best friend since the day I became his girlfriend.
He gets me.
He laughs with me and he laughs at me.
He supports me when I feel fat and high fives me when I feel skinny.
He takes me to Target on the weekends since we live far away and he loves me like there is no tomorrow.



He helped me realize that yes, I could do it all by myself, but I didn't have to anymore.


He showed me that not all boys are idiots, and some actually like to spend time with their wives instead of hanging out with the guys.


He makes me feel beatiful, even if I have thighs for arms like the pic above. {His vest with no shirt was a joke, he doesn't actually dress like that, just so you know. lol}


He started to plan weeks and months and years in advance with me. And now we are growing old together.


He loves my kids as if they are his own, helps with homework and dishes and even cleans the toilets every once in awhile.

 He introduced me to Spring River, The Walking Dead, and Buffalo Wild Wings, three of my favoritest things.

He impresses me every single day with his patience.

He buys me Red Bull and treats me like a Valentine every single day.


He is honest with me and gives me tough love when I need it.

no, I'm not pregnant in this picture, I just have a food baby and a bad dress on.

He is my #1 blog reader and still stalks me on social media.


He made me realize that I had a crappy life before him, but it was totally worth it to get to him.


He lets me be in charge when I want to be, but takes the lead when I need him to.


He kills the bugs.

He encourages me to run 5Ks because he gets that I need to pay someone to run.


He remembers every holiday. Including this anniversary that I may or may not have forgotten about.


He loves me when I wear heels (picture above as proof that it does actually happen sometimes) and get dressed up, but loves me just as much in my flip flops. Good thing.


Next stop, baby town.

I love you FH. Thanks for being you.

Happy freaking Friday y'all! Sorry for the sap fest, but I hope you all have an AMAZING weekend!! I know I plan on it.

Pin It Now!

27 comments:

  1. Love this!! Thanks for the reassurance that there are still good guys out there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, I saw the title and thought I was about to see lots of pictures of me!! haha jk. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU TWO ARE SO CUTE! I love bald men too! I love that you chased him. You gotta go after what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First thing, I love you in that dress in the last pic. Second of all, you tripped me out. Fbook to IG. We've definitely matured. Third of all, I think I started crying at work. = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post!! I love bald men too! But don't tell my Hubs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!!!!!

    also love the blindfolded pic


    also need to know about your outfit in the bottom picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fairly new follower and am glad I found you! Amazing post. Gives me hope that someday I may find a man as great as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww! I teared up a little because that exactly the way I feel about my hubby. And yes we need an OOTD pic of the last outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww....I love it! And FH too I think. hahahaha!! This was the SWEETEST Thing ever! You two are adorable. SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn it! I am crying! Thanks a lot! I think I'll go crawl in bed with Brian now and snuggle. I love that y'all are such a happy couple. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! Brought tears to my eyes!

    So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the sweetest post :) I am the second wife to my husband and I get to show him all this good mushy stuff :) So happy for you that your found your man and HELL YEAH to the walking dead - bring on the walkers :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww!! you make me want to puke in the best way possible! I am so happy that you are happy!!!!!!! I have to blog about my husband now because I feel like a shit wife. GAH. :) I'm kidding. I hope you have the best weekend possible and I'm praying for you. :D Thanks for letting me message you with all my TMI subjects :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww.. the sweetest post, ever!
    Spring Rover.. Walking Dead.. BWW.. we could totally be best friends! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the cutest post EVER! I love all the pics and you guys look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet. I love all the pics! I'm so glad you're so persistent:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So wonderful! I love true love stories.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the pic of him blindfolded and kissing your forehead on your wedding day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this post!!! So sweet and your persistance paid off big time :)

    leangreenmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww! You definitely snagged a good one.. He's got great teeth too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved this post and all the pictures are so sweet. You two are such an adorable couple and I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete