Jan 3, 2013

Facebook for Fat Kids

I love technology.
I love having friends in all different area codes.
I love facestalking. Well not as much as I use to but I still check facebook at least once a day compared to 50 times a day in the past.
I'm kinda over facebook though.
Something about everyone and their Grandma being on there.

I want my life semi-private y'all which is why I blog about 95% of it.

I check Instagram A LOT.
I have made tons of friends on there and we help motivate each other, laugh at each other, and plan to hang out somewhere, sometime without playing on an app.
The problem with IG is that not everyone is on there for the same reasons. My friends that don't blog want to know what the heck WIDN (what I'm doing now) means and why the heck anyone cares.
If you don't blog, you just don't get all the retarded everyday stuff that we put on there.
Blogging puts you in a gang, and our colors are chevron.

Most of the bloggers that I follow/have become friends with are all about working out, eating healthy, and getting in shape.
So what's perfect for us?
Insert MyFitnessPal here.
Only the coolest thing since thin sliced bagels. {Have you had those btw? Amazing little bagel without all the extra bread.}

So I have read a TON of blogs where they SWORE by this app.
They all said that they lost weight simply by following the app.
But I was never a believer.
I got the app forever ago but never followed it.
In fact, I won't even tell you how much weight I have gained since I first got the app....and I'm scared to update it because I don't want it to say that I gained such and such pounds.

It's like weight watchers, except it's free.
And you don't have to calculate any points.
You just search for the food you ate and enter it in.
And everything you could possibly eat is listed, included name brand so the calorie count is dead on.
You can even update your status and comment on people's stuff.
And enter in your workout for the day to gain more calories.
It's kind of like a facebook for fat kids.
And I love it.

No, I did not get paid to promote this app.
I just think it's amazing and so I wanted to share.
Cause we are all working on our 2013 bodies.
And also Operation Red Bikini.

button

Operation Red Bikini was started by this girl and this girl.
It's basically a big ole "let's get hot together" thing that we all got going on.....and at the end, they pick a winner.

I probably shouldn't share My Fitness Pal with y'all now.
Because it's the reason that I'm going to win.
But well, I want some competition anyways. :)

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!
And thank goodness tomorrow is Friday, I'm ready for my babies to get back home....life is just way too quiet without them.

Don't forget to follow me on MyFitnessPal and Instagram.
@MrsLoYoung Pin It Now!

18 comments:

  1. I just LOLed when you said that "Blogging puts you in a gang, and our colors are chevron."... oh my gosh.. My husband says we are a gang all the time... I'm always like "you'll never believe what blah blah blah said"... and he's like "do I know that girl??" And I'm always "you know her blog... it's got like polka dots or whatever." haha. I make him read all the funny blogs that make me laugh (Most Nancy Clue -- hey girl hey!) BUT the fact that our colors are chevron is even better... can we wear pink on Wednesdays? Also I'm so happy you have my fitness pal! I loved waking up to your post this morning! Got me motivated! Also... my favorite thing about it is the scanning feature where you scan the bar-code.. Have you used that?
    Can you tell I've had way too much coffee? I am chatty cathy today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go team Chevron! FYI, when you log a gain in MFP it does not display it to the world. Only when you lose! ;) Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.my.gawd. I'm cracking up at the "Bloggin puts you in a gang and our colors are chevron."! I haven't used MFP in so long...I need to get back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you post pics and status updates to MFP? 'Cause that would be amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg we are in a gang! My 'real life friends' are always like what's 'widn'? #drinkmorewater? Operationredbikini? They just don't get it! And my husband gives me crap for my on-line friends like crazy! I enjoy you girls so much more than real life! I make my hubby read them too!

    I dont use MFP, I just can't remember to log things on busy days. But thats probably a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have MFP but I don't know how to add any friends?! It just says add friends through FB, contacts or email? WTF? So add me - darcispear is my username! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLLA!!! We rep chevron!!! Hellz ya!!! Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, WTF, I wasn't following you on instagram. I rectified that immediately.

    You're the second person to recommend MyFitnessPal in the past 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rolling 20 deep in our Chevron Red bikinis! My "real life" friends think blog world is crazay land too. They're just missing out! Finally found you on MFP- I couldn't search by user either. This is totally their error BTW. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LMAO we are in a gang and our colors are chevron DANGIT lady I flipping love you!!! hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thinking I might finally have to get that app. Been hearing about it for years, but I'm too much of a slacker to even download the app. You can see how much motivation I have to do everything else lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that this is a "blog clique" and our colors are chevron!!! Thinking about switching from my calorie counting app to My fitness pal just because it seems all the cool kids are doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our fave colors are chevron! You got that right! Remember one of the first conversations we had was about me ditching facebook! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Free? I need to check that app out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been avoiding that app because I got bored with entering my foods every day, but now I may have to jump on the bandwagon and get it. I want to be a part of the gang, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sky zone was so much fun last night! Oh my butt and thighs are hurting today!!! Thank you for letting me know about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Blogging puts you in a gang and our colors are chevron" has me laughing hysterically! I love it!

    ReplyDelete