Jan 22, 2013

You Know those Back Rolls You Have......

Let me tell y'all about how I am co-hosting Tell Me About It Tuesday with Helene and Emily....I'm really excited about this!

I have watched this linkup grow SOOO quickly and it's always fun to join in on.

Helene in Between
 
First up, let me tell you about how I was suppose to post this blog last night but I couldn't get my internet working. Yep, I was gettin' all fancy and finally getting the world wide web at my house. Try not to laugh at how behind I am. And then, the guy finished and left, and I tried to get on my laptop and nothing happened.
I mean, you would think a guy dressed so professionally would have been more helpful, wouldn't you??
Don't act like you are shocked that I took a pic....I am a blogger after all.
Next, let me tell you about how I did a little a ton of shopping this weekend. I'm really proud of myself because not once BUT TWICE I had a pair of new jeans in my hands and I put them back....because let's be honest, I'm shrinking and I don't need to buy any new jeans right now. Not to mention I have at least 400 pairs of all sizes at my house. I, instead, bought lots of workout-related stuff.
And speaking of workout-related stuff, y'all I cannot move today. I did this video:

on Sunday.....and today is Tuesday and I'm still walking like a pregnant lady. I didn't think it was that tough while I was doing it.....but waking up the next morning and rolling out of bed was a HUGE challenge. HUGE!!! I have to run today and it is going to be a challenge....but I'll manage. Hopefully.

Last, but not least, let me tell you about my husband.
Y'all I laughed so hard that I cried with this one.
So, we all know I love my husband dearly.
Like for real, he is the greatest man I know.
And unless you are new here, you know that I have been working hard on my fitness.
Well, FH is always the first to tell me if he can tell that I am looking thinner. He sees how hard I am working and is my #1 fan.
He is extrememly supportive....but God bless him, it's really hard to tell a woman that she looks skinnier.
You know what I mean?
Us women, God bless us, we love compliments...but you know at the back of your head when someone tells you that you look good, you are wondering what the crap you looked like before?!
It's a natural thing for a girl....to critique compliments and see bad in them.
Well, the other night, FH came running into the bedroom. He was grinning real big and had his phone in his hand.
Like me, FH follows a lot of workout people/pages on his phone.
Of course he mainly looks at how dudes get beefed up and I mainly look at how chicks slim down, but still.....
So, he showed me this before/after pic of a young boy who completed this 24 day challenge......the pic was of the boy from the back.
It said he had lost 13 lbs or something like that.....I was impressed but kinda wondering....okay, who cares?! I'm not gonna do this 24 hour challenge, I'm sticking with MFP, but thanks for showing me.
Then, it happens.
Word vomit.
I should mention that FH had had a beer or two, that makes it funnier.
You know how we all have word vomit after we get liquid courage?

FH said, {please note, I can't remember the exact words, so FH don't be mad if I put words into your mouth, I just remember around about what you said} "so you see those back rolls that he had?"
Me: "ummm, yeah"
FH: "well, umm, I notice lately that yours aren't as bad as they use to be. since you are getting thinner."
Me: {laughing}
FH: "this is why I kept my mouth shut because there's no good way to tell you this compliment, but you know, those rolls, there aren't as many as there were before....."

this convo continues several minutes as he tries to explain himself and I try to stop laughing. I laugh so I don't cry.

Bless his heart. That's what we say in the south when we really want to cuss someone.
I can appreciate the fact that he was complimenting me.
But honestly, now I'm wondering just how many fat rolls I have back there behind me.....and how many did I have before?
Should it be a weight loss measuring tool to count those?

Oh, I'm just grossing myself out now.
Maybe I should have warned you skinny people that you wouldn't find this funny.....oh well.
That's what you get for being skinny....life is tough.

And now, I'll continue to work on that back fat that I didn't even realize I had and hopefully I'll get another amazing compliment soon.

How was your weekend? Did you work on your fitness? Did you go shopping? Were you one of the unfortunate ones that had to work yesterday??

Also, if you haven't emailed me yet to tell me what you are providing for my giveaway, make sure you do so! I am a little behind on putting this together, {you can thank the guy above in camo} but seriously, so far I have lots of people joining in so this should be a fun giveaway if I can ever get it together.

Happy Tuesday Y'all!!!


Pin It Now!

20 comments:

  1. I hate those wretched back rolls!

    Love your new New Balance.

    So you recommend Jillian's shred? Is it weight/tone stuff or cardio too? I'm looking for a solid toning/weight thing to do at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nearly two years ago I started a weight loss journey and lost 20+ pounds. I have since gained some back. When I get discouraged about this, my husband, in an effort to make me feel better :) says, "I love you just the way you are." Sounds great, but makes me feel worse. Don't think they can win, no matter what they say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of New Balance shoes are those? Are you linking up today for my workout gear linkup? Oh, and I finally added my 2013 race calendar in my post today!! Let me know what you're signing up for and I'll go ahead and get signed up for mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, so maybe I'll stop haranguing Pete about not giving me more feedback on my weight loss. Whenever I ask him if he's happy that I've lost the weight, he says some variation of, "I'm just so happy to see you get so into fitness," or, "You seem so happy and excited about getting fit, it's fun to watch." And I'm always thinking, "Um. No. Tell me that I'm one sexy beast and that in your wildest dreams you never imagined you'd be married to a perfect 10." But I really don't want Pete to bring up MY back rolls...so maybe I'll give it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That conversation is hilarious! But still, I think guys are kind of damned if they do and damned if they don't. At least he is praising you and letting you know that he recognizes your hard work. You definitely have a keeper, there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha bless his heart, he meant well, lol. Yea that would pop all kinds of questions in my head. I am just personally happy I don't have a way to see those rolls back there. I will look once I'm sure they are gone, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAYYYYY for co hosting! you'll have to let me know how it goes!! and jillian michaels best workout partner ever, even if I hate her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh men. They are so full of the backwards compliments. I only wish I had been wiritng Nick's down over the past few years. They're always chewing on that foot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously you had me laughing in the middle of a crowded doctors office. At least he is trying- bless his heart. And I too am glad I can't see back there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bahahahaha I am dying. That's so hilarious. Andrew saw me changing shirts yesterday and said, "WHOA you look so skinny today" which is super sweet...but then I was thinking "Well, did I look fat yesterday?!" Women are crazy haha :)

    I'm thinking about getting that DVD soon. Need some more toning. Do you recommend it??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor sweet man and poor mama - Men can be such lamos sometimes :) Youre doing awesome - and he meant it in a nice way :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally can relate to the back fat. I am so happy to see it go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That story is hysterical! I wonder how many back rolls I have. Funny, funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh...I'm laughing so hard right now because i had a similar situation with my husband. He totally tried backpedalling too...and all I could do was laugh. I never noticed back rolls before...but then I took a picture of my backside - bad idea! It was a shock, but that picture helps me everyday focus on exercising more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! New follower! Back rolls..argh. The worst is when someone takes a picture of you from behind and you notice exactly how many rolls are there. Good job on keeping up with mfp and Jillian. I am hoping they help me too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Um... how did I not know about this link up? I am 3 days behind in blog land. Boo hiss. Next time, let me know the night before and I will blare it all over my IG and then the next morning for my 4am post.

    Me wuv yew.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So was that professional installer in camo from Millington Telephone? Hahaha! Jillian looks so scary to me. Don't see how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just found your blog over at Where We Can Live Like Jack and Sally. You are one funny girl! I am going to become your newest follower, and then I am walking my chubby self down to the bathroom to check my back fat rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This just really made me laugh. You need to have the ladder vs. shovel convo so next time you can just pantomime ladder climbing and he can shut his trap!!! Totally something that would happen in our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. New Follower!

    ~Shanay~
    www.myuniquegirlz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete