Apr 26, 2013

Getting Personal

It's Friday!!!!!
Hallelujah!
And in honor of my favorite day of the week, I'm stealing this idea from this girl and linking up with this girl.
Better late than never, right?

1. If you could do one thing differently in your life, what would it be? I would go back to my freshman year of college and NOT QUIT playing sports. You see, I went from being a big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a bigger pond and I couldn't handle it. I didn't want to sit on the bench in basketball, I didn't like it. I decided I would rather party. I went to school on tennis and volleyball scholarships and made the basketball team.....and I quit them all. Fail.
 
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Still at my same job, just a little bit higher up. A mother to 3. And hopefully nice and thin. :)
 
3. Do you honestly want kids? well, obviously. I never dreamed of being a mom or anything, I was too busy dreaming about playing professional basketball. But I love being a mom when my kids aren't trying to kill each other.
 
4. What has been the best moment of your life so far? The moments spent at home with my family. I waited so long to have a husband that loved me to complete my little family. Now that I have that, I love every second of it.
 
5. What is your life theme song? Baby Got Back. Because no matter how hard I work out, I still got back.
 
6. What is one thing you have yet to accomplish that you want to do before you die? buy a boat, own a rental house, be a role model....oh wait, did you say just one thing? oops. I would have to say before I die, I want to see my kids as successful adults. Not very ambitious, I guess.
 
7. If you could choose one thing to be known for, what would it be? my humor. I love to make people laugh. When I met Holly she said something along the lines of "I never knew you were this funny." It kinda made my year. And it also made me realize that I obviously need to step up my blogging game so people know that I got jokes.
 
8. If you could do anything you wanted right in this very moment (no consequences, no fear, etc), what would it be? go on a 2 week vacation with my family and ALL of my friends. And by "no consequences" we mean that I wouldn't have to pay for it, right? If I had to pay for it then I would choose to run a full marathon. And then I would have no sore legs and no trouble breathing. There would also be no death involved after a couple of miles which is what would happen in reality.
 
9. What has been the most challenging moment in your life? Divorce. Single Motherhood. Knowing I wasn't good enough for someone even though now I know he just wasn't good enough for me.
 
FH does many amazing things for me. But the best thing he did was telling me "I know you can do it all by yourself, but I'm here to tell you that you don't have to anymore." {Yep, he's the best.}
 
10. Summarize yourself in one word. Content. 30 has been good to me. I may not be exactly where I want to be regarding physically, but mentally, emotionally, and every other -ally that you can think of, I'm on top of it. I'm exactly where I need to be right now.
 
 
Sorry for no pictures...I'm feeling lazy.
Hope everyone has an AWESOME weekend!
It's suppose to rain here all weekend so I plan to sleep for 2 days straight. :) Happy Friday!
 
 
 
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Great answers! Divorce is the hardest thing ive gone through as well and I'm the one who wanted it. Your FH sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this linkup and reading all your answers. So many things I would change but like you I'm content at life and where it's taken me. I'm actually looking forward to my 30s now. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like a lot of people wish they could redo some aspect of college. Also true that (on my part) to #5 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. #7... MOST DEFINITELY! You are hilarious! You make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just seeing this post and it is awesome.

    I want to go on a 2 week vacation AND run a FULL marathon with you.

    ReplyDelete