Apr 23, 2013

Runnin' Sisters

As most of you already know, K&A ran their first 5K on Saturday.
I'm pretty sure K is still recovering.

I had to walk.
Which is not fun.
And my kids beat me.
So needless to say I will be taking a running break for awhile.
I just can't handle being a super slow walker.
We had TONS of fun at the 5K.
My only regret is that I didn't get more pictures.





And then this happened so I had to document it:


And then these three kids forced me and Meredith to take them to lunch out in public....they weren't the least bit embarassed.

After the 5K, we did some shopping.
As in furniture shopping and bike shopping.
We got several pieces of new furniture which I am super excited about. and then FH surprised me and bought me this:

I'm pretty sure he is trying to tell me to quit running so my foot can rest. But either way, I've been wanting a bike so I'm super excited about it. It's so easy to quickly get in 3 or 4 miles on a bike. I know it doesn't burn quite as many calories, but it's just as refreshing as taking a run. Not to mention, my average pace is incredible compared to my running pace. :)

That's all I got for today. I gave up Dr Pepper and Sweet Tea yesterday so I'm shaking for a caffeine fix. and a nap at my desk.

Until next time.....

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. Your kids are so cute!!! I recently walked a 5k so I get how bad it sucks but at least you did. I am jealous of the bike! I would love a real one, mine's a stationery in the living room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that bike. Now I want one. I have a walmart special Schwinn. I would be ashamed next to you out on the Greenline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are so cute!! Congrats on the 5K.. I like your new ride

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of bike is it? So happy you got one!! We can ride together now. ; ) Had fun Sat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bike. Bike riding is fun. It just hurts to walk the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super jealous! I have been wanting a bike forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg that face painiting is SCARY! lol I'm glad you all had a great time at the 5k :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you took your kids to a 5K - I cant wait until baby girl is old enough :) And super sweet bike!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Giving up the Big C? God, I feel bad for your family. Take them out to eat or somethin'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bike!! And now I want sweet tea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The avatars are still freaking me out! So cool that you were able to get the girls involved in your hobby. Hopefully, your foot will be good to go before you know it.

    ReplyDelete