Apr 1, 2013

Easter Weekend

Any holiday that we have without kids is just not as entertaining.
It's true.

The girls were with their dad all weekend but FH and I managed to have a good time enjoying each other.

Sunday morning, I got a call from Kate. She asked if the Easter bunny came to my house. She said  "Daddy said that since he didn't come to his house, he probably came to yours."

Thanks for that, Baby Daddy. Thanks a lot.

So off we went to Walmart after church. Nothing like the last minute.

The girls actually ended up coming home early so they could do some family stuff with us for Easter. I was really excited about that.

As soon as they ran in the door, Alex stopped BEFORE seeing her Easter swag to say "Man, you look handsome!" to FH.

And then she decided to change clothes so she could match him.
I swear, that girl really does think that she is his wife and not me.


And good ole Kate is just like her Momma.
As soon as we get done with church, we throw off the dress and get into something comfy.

Please note ugly HORRIBLE heely shoes that I wish would get lost somewhere.

We ate tons of food. TONS.
I have no idea why I have kids that don't like candy that much, but it really affects me since I LOVE candy. They always hand it over almost immediately.

What they were most excited about was the GIANT $10 freaking bag of beef jerky that they got from the Easter bunny. They looooove beef jerky.

Once we got home, FH and I hid eggs for them to hunt for.
I would say 50% of the eggs had money in them so they were stoked.

And we thought about making them hide them so we could find them, but it was getting late so we were running out of time.


Can you see the excitement?
This is because they could see eggs but I told them not to touch any until I took a pic.

A great weekend with family....and now I'm looking forward to the next weekend because we are going to St Louis.

Remember that time I ran a half without training for it?
Oh yeah, that's less than a week away.
I sure do hope I survive long enough to put my 13.1 sticker on my car!

Hope everybody had a great weekend!!!
Happy Monday!
Pin It Now!

15 comments:

  1. I loved the pictures, looks like such a fun weekend! That half is coming up quick! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Your girls are so sweet! I agree about the candy - I finished a chocolate bunny before I went to bed last night. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I loved your girls- I DOUBLE HEART- LOVE some beef jerky!!!

    and can I just say um baby daddy? what a douche!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures!! Wow, I can't believe "baby daddy". That is just, well I don't even know!! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of running last minute errands to get Easter presents....did you know Target was closed?? what the what? I may have cried. Anyways, super cute pictures! I love the look on their faces when they could see eggs but couldn't go yet, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls are ADORABLE! That sounds like an amazing Easter, beef jerky AND money eggs? Perfection.
    Good luck on your last week before the half!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great your daughters have you and FH and that the Easter bunny made it to your house! I love that she wants to dress like him. So cute! Good luck in the Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for the half recap! Anxiously anticipating how that goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited to hear about your half...you're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so sweet that Alex said that. = ) Tell her I said she looks totes adorable too lol. = ) Holy crap, how nice of baby daddy lol. = )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the picture of the matchers! So cute!

    Woo Hoo! St. Louis is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute pics! You'll be fine in the half marathon! I know I'll be seeing you sporting that 13.1 sticker all over town!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love their excited faces! Thank goodness you got a heads-up that Easter Bunny only stops by their REAL home! You did more last minute than I did at all...'course Little Man doesn't really "get" Easter yet!

    -Cristyl @ www.mychillthoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. you are going to rock the half.
    2. the easter bunny didnt come to his house? OMG tool.

    ReplyDelete