Mar 28, 2013

Dear John

Dear John, Laura, Self,

There are some things you should remember on a daily basis.
But life gets busy and you tend to forget.
So this blog post is here to remind you.

1. doughnuts, pizza, and everything else that you love that is not healthy tastes amazing....but is totally NOT WORTH IT.
Put down the cupcake Fatty McFatterson.

2. abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. see also #1. It doesn't matter how long you workout or how hard you workout, if you leave the gym and eats 45 tacos, they cancel each other out.

3. K&A are gonna argue. Period. They are gonna knock on the bathroom door at least 468 times while you are in there. They are going to stand on top of you while you dry your hair, and they are going to whine when you tell them it's bedtime. Get over it. One day you will be an old lady sitting in a quiet house and you will miss the noise. {Cue the music: Yooooooou're Gonna Missssss Thiss}



4. FH is the greatest thing that ever happened to you. Do you remember the nights you prayed for a husband that would appreciate and love you?? Do you remember what it was like to have a husband that didn't even want to come home at night? Tell him you appreciate him every single day. And show him, he deserves it.



5. Work is work is work. It doesn't matter. At the end of the day, as long as there is a decent sized paycheck in your hands, it's a good day.

6. Love your friends. Text them just because.

7. Stop and smell the roses. Every single day I'm hustlin' we are running around trying to cram as much into the day as possible. Don't forget to just sit with your family and enjoy them.

8. Some days, you should dress up. Just for kicks. Maybe even wear heels. I know you don't have to at work so you normally don't. But it will make you feel good when you look good.

9. Jeans are tight. Don't freak out and feel like you have nothing to wear. I'm pretty sure it might scare FH just a little.

10. Walk outside. Even if you feel like sitting at home and relaxing. A quick walk/run around the block doesn't take long but will make you feel amazing...and then give you the energy to workout more.

Love,
Lora Pin It Now!

22 comments:

  1. Great post Lora! I need to remember to do several of those myself. Every single day! Hope ya'll have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! Love them all but especially #4. Congratulations on happily ever after!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. A quick walk around the block does wonders, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really needed to read #3 today :) thanks! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, you hit the nail on the head! I need to do more of #7. I only have 1 kid and I feel like I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reminders. Totally have some songs stuck in my head now, THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Now I have that song stuck in my head haha. It's a good one though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Lora! These are daily reminders so many women can relate too! love this and yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ate the pizza and the piece of cake, boo. I love your post, and did you misspell your name lol. Have a good one Lo-ra!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh? Did you misspell your name???

    Love this. No those things listed in #1 are not healthy and they do taste so good. WHY????

    You and FH(tell me his real name so I don't call him that when I see him) are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I love the one about the kids. It is so true!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great reminders. I know that I am going to miss my crazy kids when they are gone, the fighting and all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so easy to let the little things overwhelm you. Great post about letting them go and cherishing what's important!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post...We all need to take more time and slow down a tad bit! Thanks for reminding us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love you lora bo boraaaaa this was a GREAT post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such awesome reminders. I need to remind myself of all of these things way more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. GREAT post! Love every single thing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. number 11... you are pretty awesome yourself! don't forget that!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gah, I just love this. So honest. Wonderfully written.

    ReplyDelete