Nov 14, 2011

Thankful- Day #I'm not sure

I am still thankful each day.....I'm just a poor excuse for a blogger. I guess I could say that I am thankful that I have so much going on in my life that I don't always have time to sit in front of my computer and blog all day.....

Today, I am thankful that I haven't forgotten the true meaning of the holidays. I am anxious for Christmas, don't get me wrong. FH and I have already been pricing Christmas trees since neither of us have one. And I am anxious to put it up and decorate the house. And I have a list a mile long of things I want, more so that things I need. And of things the girls and FH want, more so than need. But at the end of the day, I remember that Thanksgiving comes before Christmas. And believe it or not, it is an actual holiday. And I remember that Christmas was not ever about just Santa Claus, and I hope to continue to reinforce this in my household. And just in case any of you were confused, Jesus was not born on "Black Friday", although I am pretty sure the day is more anticipated than the actual birthday of Baby Jesus.

So, today I am thankful for remembering why we really have the holidays. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment