Aug 5, 2011

Summer at Dad's House

The girls are big time Daddy's girls. They loving going to hang out with him, and they have had a blast staying at his house so much this summer. I miss them more than anything when they are away, but it gives me a chance to relax, and they get to catch up on quality time with their Dad. Here are some pics from this summer. They even went to the beach with him for a wedding....I can't help but think that if FH and I are going to get married on the beach, then we need to hurry up and do it before they grow out of these super cute white dresses that they wore.....(no pressure! haha) Tim's sister-in-law takes great pics just in case you are wondering why the girls look like they are having a photo shoot on the beach, that's why.




The question of the summer was: "Mom, can we get highlights in our hair??" Being the mean mom that I am, my answer was a constant NO. Pink, purple, "blondie" (as they call it), they didn't care. They just wanted color. Tim's friend the hairdresser came up with a compromise that worked for all four of us: feathers. They loved them. I am so grateful that they were able to get what they wanted for the most part, but I dont have to worry about a high maintenance 8 year with roots in a month or two. Not to mention, Alex took hers out within a day or two. Not sure she was aware that you can't just take highlights out, so this worked out great.


Now summer 2011 is drawing to an end, I'm sad for many many reasons. I am not sure that I am ready to have two 3rd graders. It seems as if each time I go a few days without seeing these girls, they have grown a foot. They grow up way too fast, and I know that one day I am going to open my eyes and they will be asking me if they can borrow my car or can they move their curfew back a little. Slow down time, I wanna keep my babies young forever!!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. They are so cute! If they stayed young forever then you would miss out on those exciting things like graduating, 1st dates, wedding days. You are 1 lucky mom!
    xoxo, Jess

    ReplyDelete