Aug 5, 2011

Spring River Family Trip

In June, we went on our first family vacation to.....SPRING RIVER!!! I have a feeling that we started something......Kate, Alex, and Brooklyn LOVED the trip so I already fear their college (yes, I said college, not high school) trips to Spring River without parentals. **Please note- I am not above following them up there and remaining in the shadows.** The good thing is that we took the 5 mile rafting trip instead of the 8 mile so until they find out on their own, they have no idea what dead man's curve is and how much of a HUGE party there is down there.
The four of us drove down there and the roadtrip was fun, but it took FOREVER! We made multiple stops and just took our time. The girls were surprisingly patient, but we were all four excited to get there when we finally did. First thing we did was check out the water. The girls had no clue just how cold Sprin River is....and they were in for a rude awakening! We spent a good bit of time fishing. Since we started dating, FH has dreamed of taking the girls fishing and them loving it. Well, apparently, dreams do come true. Alex was like the big boys knee deep in the water, patiently waiting on a fish to bite. She had more patience with it than I did! I am pretty sure that this was the highlight of the trip for FH. Kate liked it, but she feels about fishing about like I do. It's fun for awhile, and the company makes it great, but we could never just sit and fish alone....whereas I am pretty sure Alex could go out and fish alone! Funny for a real life princess. Here are some pics.....

First look at the water


It's cold!!!!


Just a little bit of fishing.....

Kate while Alex is still fishing.....

We had lots of fun on our rafting trip. I was a little nervous about this when at the beginning of the roadtrip the question that the girls asked was: "What's a raft?" haha, they had no idea what they were about to do. THEY LOVED IT!! Alex helped row (once I got brave enough to let her, those things are expensive if you drop them and lose them!!), and Kate sat at the front of the raft and "directed". Poor FH, in a raft with 3 women. (Welcome to the rest of his life!)

On the BUMPY bus river to the top of the river.


Everyone was having a little bit of trouble getting use to the COLD water, so FH decided he would dunk his head under water, knowing that K&A would follow suit. Oh it was hilarious. He was so cold after he did it, I think I had a pic but it's MIA. But check out the girls' faces after they did it. Priceless. (**excuse the quality of some of the pics, they are pictures of pictures, but you get the point)






Lots of great memories were made on this trip. My BFF and I have already decided that this will be a yearly trip until the girls get too old/too cool to hang with their parents. I love that we have all these pics to look back on, and to tease the girls with later on in life.











This pic I love. It doesn't look like much, but this is FH standing outside the portapotty waiting on Alex to go to the bathroom. Because what woman wants to go to the bathroom alone??? This is the scene that I walked upon. Alex wanted him to hold the bathroom door open just a little so that she could see, but not hold it open so much that anyone could see in. This man has the patience of a saint.

I love this pic of Kate and Brooklyn. I hope these 3 girls are friends for life....sure does work out good for me and their mom!


Here's to looking forward to Spring River Family Trip 2012!!

That's all folks.....

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment