Aug 9, 2011

Mysterious ways....

I've learned a lot in my 29 years....one of the main things I've learned is that God works in mysterious ways. He hears our prayers even when we might think He doesn't. He answers them, just not always in the way you expect Him to.
As a single mom, I've struggled with balancing everything in my life. I think the hardest thing for me is homework time. Kate and Alex don't need a lot of help with their homework, for this I know I'll forever be grateful. But when they do need help, it's a constant battle. They want my attention at the exact same time and I struggle to keep up with them. I'd be lying if I said homework time wasn't dreaded by me as much as it is by them. I've prayed for patience during homework time. I've prayed that I could figure out how to help them both and juggle everything else. With 3rd grade starting, I've wondered how the new school year would be. I've dreaded it for awhile. Tonight during homework time, I realized that God has been listening and has answered my prayers without me even realizing it! No, I didn't wake up one day and have amazing patience. No, he didn't use His power to tell their teachers to stop giving them homework (although, I'll keep secretly praying for that....). What did He do? Well, He gave me help in the form of a handsome man that is my husband to be.



FH has the patience of a saint. Homework is now what he takes care of. I always knew he was a God-send.....I just didn't know he was sent to me to help with homework time! So, go ahead teachers, bring on the homework! We now have a game plan and can handle it all!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment