Mar 23, 2011

My Monkeys are 8!!!!!

I can't even believe it. seems like just yesterday, I was bringing home these tiny little newborns that I had no idea what to do with....and now they are 8! man, time flies!!!! This year, the girls birthday party is not until April 2 (blame that on me and poor planning and not being able to make up my mind....), but they still enjoyed their actual birthday.....the night before we went to the mall and got a cookie cake for both classes. A cake for 31 kids plus teachers...I knew it wouldn't be cheap. And there's nothing quite like waiting til the last minute....all that aside, the cake was as cute as can be!


Next stop, a trip to Claire's. And if you have girls, don't ever plan on dropping in that store for a cheap gift, you end up with tons of stuff! It was fun though getting new earrings and accessories.


These earrings were special because they were our first pair of DANGLING earrings. The girls were so excited!

They also got  these cute little fingerless gloves.....they are just their style!!


                  This is us the morning before school. They each got $5 to spend at lunch at school.

I took a couple hours off work and went to their school to eat lunch with them. And guess what?? It was pizza day! yay! lol When you have a parent come to eat lunch with you, you get to pick a friend to eat with you and you get to eat outside. We had a girls only lunch.....



Next stop was the mall so that Popo could buy them a present. They convinced her to let them get new bears at Build A Bear...they were soooo excited!! Here's a pic of them with Popo (my mom).

Oh I almost forgot to mention (man, this is an awful scattered post, but in my defense, I am working against bedtime here, while finishing homework....so not the best timing to say the least), the girls were on tv this morning! Their nana sent in their pic so when the news announced the bdays, their pic showed up. They LOVED it. They felt like celebrities, and when we walked into school this morning, a little girl came up to them and said "hey, we saw y'all on the news this morning!" Too cute. I missed it because I was getting ready, but luckily Michael took a pic of the pic for me.....here it is:



Finally, it was time for dinner. We had mexican food, of course. The girls requested that the waiter NOT put whip cream in their faces when they sang (they know all too well what that is like). Boy did those waiters bring it though! They sang awesome and the girls were quite embarassed! What a great memory!!






The last thing we did on this fabulous birthday was take a quick trip to Party City to pick out birthday invitations for their PAR-TAY!!! And guess what they picked???? Of course, Justin Beiber!! Pretty cool invitations if I do say so myself!

Cheers to the age of 8. I am sure it will be a fun and exciting year filled with many many memories.......I am sure to savor every moment because I know it won't be long before I am on here blogging about their 9th birthday......DON'T BLINK!!!


**********VERY IMPORTANT SHOUT OUT TO THE OTHER MARCH BIRTHDAY**********

You are important too Michael, unfortunately this blog is about raising steppe sisters....so you have to settle for a small footnote at the bottom. I love you just the same though!



Don't worry FH....I won't mention how OLD you turned.......

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all had SO much fun! LOVE the earrings! And how sweet of Michael to take that pic of the girls on tv for you! :) Happy 8th birthday Kate & Alex!

    ReplyDelete