Sep 10, 2012

Weekend Update




Monday.
Yuck.

Our weekend started out early on Friday.
I got off work at noon so I could go shopping.
I got some cute stuff so that was a great way to start off the weekend.
Then it was off to celebrate my friend's 30th birthday.
We had a great time.
And FH even took off work so he could go.
I LOOOOOOOVE when FH is off work on a Friday night, it makes our weekend seem so much longer.
I realized Saturday that I didn't take any pics. Blogger fail.
It's probably better that way though, we had lots of fun and don't need evidence.

Saturday I went to the Germantown Festival with two friends while FH slept/watched football in bed.
It was so much fun, the weather was beautiful, and I got a few great items!
I got this Memphis flag for our front yard. I've been looking for one of these and they had about a million to choose from.


I got this "Y" for my front door which I am in love with. I have been searching and searching for one of these and after looking at a ton on Saturday, I decided on this one. Love how it looks on our red door.



I also got some homeade pickles. Yum!!!
Luckily FH hates pickes so the girls and I have these all to ourselves.

I also bought a few new nail polishes for us gals. Can't pass up a good sale.....and these puppies were on sale for $0.99 each!




Saturday night was date night for us.
We went to the new Applebees in our little bitty ole town.
And let me tell you, if you live near us, do NOT go there.
Or rather, order your food to go {and check your order before you leave}.
Our poor waitress, I'm pretty sure they never trained her.
The food was excellent, but she was just horrible.
I almost even complained and I NEVER do that.
We were told to expect bad service, but we were expecting that horrible of a service!
Glad the food was good though!

Sunday, on how I love sunday funday.
The girls came home early so we could grill out.
Of course, we are making up for loss time by grilling out every single weekend since we couldn't when we lived in an apartment.
We also spent a good amount of time planning for the week and grocery shopping. I am loving our new system of sitting down and planning out the week's menu and then making a list and sticking to it.
We have barely eaten out any in the last month or two and if you know us then you know that is huge!
Well, eaten out during the week, I mean.
Weekends are a different story.
I am loving the money we are saving on eating out, but I am NOT loving the HUGE amount of dishes that we have nowadays.


K&A sent me pics they made from their dad's phone.
It's some kind of old person app.
And I about died laughing.
They make much cuter little girls than they do old ladies.



Gosh, I hope that is no indication of how I will look when I get old.
I think I will stay away from that app.....I'll just be surprised when I get older(er).

All in all, it was a great weekend.
Even if my husband does like to dress in this ugly orange color.


I did finish off the weekend with a HORRIBLE toothache.
Actually I guess I still have it so I'm starting off this week with it too.
I need to go to the dentist, but let's be honest, I HATE the dentist.

Happy Monday peeps! :)
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Love the 'Y' on your front door... it looks great!

    Our Applebee's is awful now too... poor service and even the food isn't very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that corner is cursed actually. I hated when the Applebee's was Perkins. They were horrible and took forever. Maybe it will improved once they've been open a while. Idk though Chili's still takes forever lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a good weekend, minus the horrible food service. I'm a new follower from the GFC Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like we have a similar obsession with nail polish!

    Hey check out http://thatiswhatsheread.blogspot.com/2012/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

    I left you a little nomination over at my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Y! And I really need to work on expanding my nail polish collection...

    ReplyDelete