Sep 14, 2012

Stick A Fork in Me

Cause I'm sooooo over this month.
I am alive btw, in case you noticed that I am missing in action lately.
If you didn't notice, well then thanks a lot for not giving a ... caring.

It's year end at work.
And to say I'm swamped is a complete understatement.
But cheers to overtime pay and racking up extra vacation time.
I am secretly spending all my extra money in my mind while I am slaving away at work. And not blogging.
I hate that I haven't had time to blog.
I mean, my life is freaking important and needs to be documented.
Okay, well, not so much, but I like to pretend like it anways.

So, since we haven't hung out in awhile, let's catch up.
First off, the dentist.
Enough said.
I hate the dentist.
And he got to stick his dirty little fingers entire hands, plus his tools, plus his assistant's hands and her squirty and sucky tools all up in my grill this week.
I couldn't breathe. I thought I might vomit in their faces, but I figured it wasn't a good idea since one held a mini drill and the other had my lifeline at the moment (the squirty/sucky duo).
My filling fell out and this past weekend it went into turbo drive with the toothache. That's what landed me in the hot chair.
Needless to say, I am better now.
My bank account suffered a little, but no more pain.
I still can't believe I actually pay the man to torture me, but whatevs.

Homecoming week.
This week is like the best week of the year for my kids.
And pretty great for me too since homework is kept to a minimum.
We don't go ALL OUT with dressing up.
I learned early on that I couldn't keep up with the mommas that are doctors during the day and freaking betty crocker/betty seweverythingperfect by night nor will I spend a bajillion dollars on a costume for my kids to wear one day.
But we had fun.
The best day was fairy tale day.
The three little pigs.
My girls and their BFF, who just so happens to be my BFF's daughter. Funny how that works out, huh?
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that we forced them to be friends at an early age.
Have you ever seen any cuter pigs?!






You can see the third pig here.
She was the pig that built her house of sticks.
Mine built their house of brick...


and a house built with straw...


not to be confused with grass from our backyard or the illegal substance that you think that looks like.

And then, since we thought the straw looked kind of sketchy, the BFF had the great idea of sending her with a straw, as in a drinking straw.
She took both.

Don't judge us, we were trying to be creative.
I guess one of "those moms" would have gone out and got her some real straw, but luckily I'm not one of "those moms" so this worked!

They even had a fun time as little pigs going weeeee weeeee weeeee all the way to school.
check out that youtube video here.

I've been feeling like this a lot lately:


That pretty much wraps up my Inspire Me Healthy post for Thursday. Glad I got caught up on that.

I also lived on the edge a little this week by almost running out of gas:



getting all the way down to 4 miles til empty.
And letting my kids fix their own dinner while I was comatose from the dentist:



This might actually start happening a little more often. I mean how awesome does that grilled cheese look?
Please ignore the christmas plate that was used.
We use those all year around. I'm not really sure where they found that.

So, there you go.
That sums up my week.
Now, I have tons of work to do before I can get out of here for the freaking weekend.
And after reading this post, if you would like to mail me my mom of the year award, please email me for my address.

K, thanks.

Happy friday peeps.

Pin It Now!

2 comments: