Feb 13, 2011

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is tomorrow (Monday), so we decided to celebrate today with Kate and Alex. The girls got more presents thAn they ever get on vday (**perks of divorced parents....).

Kate LOVES her some Hersheys bars!!
**No, I did not let her consume all of this in one sitting......Mommy wasn't born yesterday**


The four of us went to see the Justin Beiber movie tonight....the girls have been counting down the days to this movie just like a Christmas countdown! Of course it was in 3D (get out your checkbook), and they LOVED it. I can honestly say that is the longest period of time that either of them have ever gone without talking (please note, their mouths were still open, but they were drooling over JB, not talking). They didn't even really eat any of the popcorn.....and when I asked Kate if she needed to go to the bathroom her response was "I need to but I can hold it because I don't want to miss anything". haha! Having both been to an actual JB concert, they were filling Michael and I in on parts that "in real life really happened at his concert!". I can say that it was actually a really cute movie. And if I were their age, I would probably be just as "in love" as they are. I honestly didn't think we were gonna be able to get them to leave the movie theater.....I know for a fact that they would have stayed and watched it again if we would have let them! As soon as we got home, Kate threw that CD in and started dancing!! She watched him closely to get new dance moves (Kate is a well known breakdancer, if you haven't seen her dance skills, you can check her out on "that tube" **which is kate talk for YouTube**)

I am pretty sure that Michael and I will be dreaming of Justin Beiber and singing his songs for days. Both of the girls now want purple baseball caps and high top tennis shoes for their birthday (exactly what he wore in the movie)......

It was a great valentine's day, our first one as a party of 4 with many MANY more to come....well at least until the girls are too old to hang out with us, then hopefully Michael and I can possibly watch a more age appropriate movie on our dates!

Here's the 4 of us after the movie....



I will leave you with one more photo from today....and all that I have to say about this picture is:

EVERY FAMILY MUST HAVE THEIR BLACK SHEEP.....



But as far as Alex and I are concerned, we still have to say GO TIGERS!!!!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment