Feb 26, 2011

A Great Day to be Alive.....

I've heard a ton of awful stories lately. I have stalked a blog of a friend of a friend to read a story about a mother of toddler twin girls, one of which died less than 3 months ago. This blog has made me shed more tears than I thought possible especially considering I don't even know the mom. Obviously, a story about twins hits close to home for me. I have listened to countless people talk about a poor little 5 year old girl who was fine one day and the next day she found out that she had tumors on her brain and her spine. I found out that my cousin, who beat breast cancer and has been doing well, went in for a bioposy because spots were found on her chest. All heartbreaking stories and my heart goes out to each and every one of them. What these stories have in common is one thing......all 3 of these stories include strong women (the 2 moms and my cousin) who have relyed on their faith in God to get them through such tragic situations. They are all great examples on exaclty how to handle difficult situations.

After hearing/listening to these tragic stories, I have a much greater appreciation of everything that I have. No, I haven't been able to find a house to buy yet. No, I can't say that I have children that like to behave all the time, nor can I say that I don't feel like a crazy person half the time. But I have SO MUCH to be greatful for. I vow to cherish everything and everyone in my life because tomorrow is not a promise.

With that being said, today was an absolutely, positively excellent day. A very very long day, but a great one for my book of memories.


The day started out with a softball camp with the TRA Lady Rebels. The girls had a lot of fun hanging out with the older girls!


Alex was so excited that she wore her helmet in the car.




Next Kate and I headed to our favorite Mexican place to meet Janessa, Julanne, and Brooklyn.


After that, Tim and I took Kate and Alex to sign up for softball.....yes, you read that right. Kate AND Alex signed up.....yay! I knew Alex couldn't resist playing this year!! I was beyond excited when she told me that she would play. Although I am pretty sure she only changed her mind because she realized I was going to buy Kate new softball stuff and she couldn't stand to miss out on getting new stuff.....but either way, she made the decision and I didn't hesitate to sign her up!!! 

Later on in the afternoon, Michael came over and we headed to dinner. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings and the girls weren't too sure about it when we first got there. Kate said it was too loud, and they were both confused on why there were so many TVs! BUT we quickly discovered that they have these little games that you can take to your table and play them and they are super cool!!! It's like having a mini arcade at your table. And yes, they have a little thing on the machine for you to swipe your credit card to pay for the games.........dangerous!!! The girls loved them and honestly, Michael and I loved them too. We almost felt like we were on a real date! The girls had their noses in the games so they didn't make a sound so we got to have actual grown up conversation. We decided that we will be doing that again next time we want to go somewhere to watch a basketball game or anything else on the big screen!



Here's a picture of Kate playing her game. They each had one at the table! So convenient!!




Here's Alex having fun on a race car game. As you can tell, she got pretty into it!



It didn't take me long to realize that the girls both got a lot of sun today at the softball camp. Those poor little pink faces will be hurting tomorrow!


Next stop: Chuck E. Cheese, Please!!!! This is one of our favorite places to go. We always have a great time there, all 4 of us! The last couple of times that we have gone, the girls have saved their tickets so that they can cash them all in at once. Tonight all 4 of us were "on" and winning lots! Alex and I are a bit obsessed with the baseball game. If your token lands on the square that says 'home run' then you get 50 tickets.....and between the 2 of us we hit it more than our fair share! In fact, within the first ten minutes of being there, Alex won 148 tickets on her first 2 games! **that's my girl** Kate's favorite is skeetball and she always has a really high score but obviously it's not a huge ticket winning game. Michael's favorite is the football game, he loves that game and is really good at it!!


Here's Alex showing off her tickets. Alex got 576 tickets tonight, combine that with what she had saved up from previous visits and she had a total of 1,111 tickets!!!! She was sooooo excited!!!

Here she is showing off her loot that she won! This is one excited girl!!

Kate was on Michael's team (we always split up into 2 teams to see who can get the most tickets) so I can't remember her exact count on tickets and I didn't get a chance to take a pic. I am pretty sure they ended up with 545 tickets tonight and a total of over 800.


Here's Kate showing off her new prizes and of course her signature peace sign.


What a fun, fun, fun day! I love these girls (and that man) so much and I don't know what I would do without them!!! I look forward to many more happy days with all of them!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment