Feb 2, 2011

Double Trouble

On nights like tonight, I have to remind myself of a certain verse of a certain song.....

but you're gonna miss this
you're gonna want this back
you're gonna wish these days
hadn't gone by so fast

these are some good times
so take a good look around
you may not know it now
but you're gonna miss this

No one ever claimed being a parent was easy.....and people even warn you that being a single parent is not  close to being easy! On nights like tonight, when I don't think I can handle one more moment of all that comes along with two kids, I have to remind myself that one day "I'm gonna miss this". One day, these girls will be off with their friends hanging out and being right under my footsteps will be the last thing that they want to do. One day, after they have gone off to college, I will be sitting in a quiet house longing to hear those 2 littles girls laughing or even crying for that matter. I think life as a parent can pretty much be summed up with one quote:

"The days are long, but the years are short."

I have no idea who said that, but I am pretty positive that there is some smart mom out there who deserves the credit.Either way, it's a pretty accurate statement. Days seem to last forever and bedtime seems a lifetime away some nights, but then I wake up and realize that I have been a mom for almost 8 years now. Sometimes I wonder why God decided to gift me with not one but two children. Going from having zero kids to suddenly having two kids is a task that not everyone has. I sometimes don't know how I will survive if they argue over one more thing.....but God had faith that I could do it. God chose me to be their mom because he knew that I could handle it. That gives me the reassurance that I need to make it through each day, through each crisis, one at a time.

I guess sometimes in life you just have to grin and bear it. And if you are me, you grin and bear it until you finally get the kids to bed and then go take a nice long hot bath and remind yourself that tomorrow is a new day.......

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment