Sep 3, 2013

Mini Family Vaca

Just so you know, I thought today was Monday, not Tuesday.
So Tummy Tuesday will be one day late....surprise, surprise.
But can I get a heck yeah for it actually being Tuesday?!
I love me a good short week.

So, over the holiday weekend, we took a mini family vaca.
Can this be considered our Babymoon?
I guess not since children came along....guess we still need to fit that
in before Christmas. :)

We went to Nashville Shores in Nashville, TN.
Not far from our house, but we haven't ever been to this water park
so it was an exciting trip for us.

Of course I couldn't get off work on Friday so we had to wait
for me to get off work to leave....that wasn't cool!
But the last day of the month is my busiest day so there was no
avoiding it.

The girls were ready to go as soon as I walked in the door!
And we were off!


Nothing like a 3 hour car ride for a pregnant lady....ughh.

It wasn't horrible, but it's definitaly hard to be comfortable in the car.
Oh and after sitting at my desk all day and then sitting during the car ride,
my feet were HUGE.

First thing first, FH dropped us off at the door of the mall.
I had my shoes off the entire time in the car so imagine my surprise
when I went to slip on my flip flops and my feet would only fit
halfway into them!
Oh. My. Word.
I was so embarassed.
Not to mention I could barely walk on those ticking time bombs.
But seriously, I had to tough it out for the mall. Obviously.

We decided to take the girls to eat at the Rainforest Cafe.
I have never been there but we heard that the girls would love it.
And they did.
Kate insisted that I take her picture with every single animal in the
place. There were "thunderstorms" while we were eating and most of
the animals made noises and moved.
It was a fun atmosphere......but definitely overpriced in my opinion!










A lot of the pictures are really dark since we were "in a rainforest".
And my official vacation camera is my iphone.

After that, we walked around the mall a TINY bit and I drooled a little.
Outlets everywhere...but I was still only halfway in my shoes so we
had to head to the hotel.

The hotel.
Now, I should tell you this. I am SO cheap when it comes to hotels.
I don't mean I want a skanky motel or anything, but I hate spending
a lot on a hotel room.
So if there is any option to make a room cheaper, I go for it.
Well, next time I have the option of 2 double size beds or 2 queen size beds,
remind me that I should pay the extra like $5 or whatever the difference was.

Pregnant women are too fat to share a double bed.
I walked right in the room and Alex said "Whoa, these beds are tiny!"
And she was right.
It was like a fat girl twin bed.
And I love FH and all, and I love to snuggle up next to him, but I have
a hard enough time rolling over in bed these days so I couldnt' imagine
sharing that bed with him.
There was a horrible fold out bed which was our only option.
We tried to upgrade our room but the hotel was full.
And we tried to get an extra cot but it was being used.

Needless to say, I really didn't sleep for 2 days.

I still can't believe I didn't take any pics of the beds....blogger fail.

Saturday morning we were up early and ready for the water park.
I wanted us to be there the ENTIRE day since it isn't cheap to get in.



Honestly, FH and I were both worried about how I would do in the heat
all day.....but as soon as we got there, we found me a chair and I planted
myself in it.
I was bored, I'm not going to lie.
But I was people watching, reading my book, and napping.
So that was relaxing.
I wanted to get in the wave pool but I could just see myself drowning
in those huge waves. Plus I was too paranoid to leave our stuff.

FH took pics of the girls sliding for me though!




We realized way later on that there was another pool without waves.
And there were chairs right beside the pool that I could watch our stuff from.
So I moved there.
Can I just tell you that being in that pool was the most amazing feeling EVER?!
I was so light in the pool. And there was no pressure on my back.
It was GLORIOUS!!!
I only regret that I waited so late in the day to experience it.

We ended up staying for about 6 hours...which was enough.
I wasn't miserable, so that was perfect.
And FH and the girls had a blast!
We will definitely be making this a yearly trip from now on.







Saturday night, it was back to the mall.
FH parked himself in front of a football game and the girls and I
went our seperate ways.
The girls were SO EXCITED that we let them explore on their own.
They just had to check in with FH every 30 minutes or so.
I can say that they were VERy responsible and made sure they were on
time or early each time they had to check in....but the mall was so big
that they said as soon as they got to a store they wanted to shop in, they
had to turn around and come back to check in!

I was in the zone shopping!
There were a few places with maternity clothes so I was excited.
But after about 2 hours, I had a moment of panic.
My feet hurt so badly and were so swollen, not to mention I was
so hot from trying on clothes that I honestly wasnt sure if I could
make it back to FH!

Sunday morning, we were lazy....the girls went swimming and we
layed around until, guess what? until the mall opened!
It's not my fault that this fat footed lady couldn't walk the whole mall
in one day.

Thank goodness the girls brought their laptops with them.
These really helped keep them entertained during our downtime.




After the mall, it was time to head home.

We had a fun time but we were all tired and ready to get back home.
It was amazing to have another day off after getting back home just to unpack
and get everything back in order. Not to mention, relax!

I won't even tell y'all about how I made FH stop in Jackson, TN on the
way home so I could shop a little and how I spent yesterday shopping here.
I might have a problem....but needing more maternity clothes isn't that problem!!!

I'm so grateful for trips with my little family.
I can't wait until next year when Baby Harper is along for the ride.

Happy Tuesday everybody!! Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like ya'll had a great time! I didn't know you lived near Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going swimming sounds heavenly right now! Glad you found a lot of maternity clothes over the weekend! Having clothes that fit is a good feeling haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nashville Shores!!! Last time I went Marley was a baby- we need to plan to take her next year. Looks like such a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going to Florida in two weeks and I cannot wait to float around in the pool and swim in the ocean. I'm also happy I found a super cheap maternity bathing suit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had fun. We were in Nashville this summer. I was not a fan of Rainforest Cafe at all. Our waitress was not very good and I thought the food was very average. We went to the Aquarium restaurant too and we really enjoyed that. Although I felt like I needed to take out a loan on my 401k to pay for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a really fun weekend! I'm glad you got to get in the pool--I can say from experience that there's nothing worse than being at a water park all day and not getting in (former pool monitor, here)! Did you buy new flip flops/preggo sandals at all?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you and those sexy feet had fun. Freaking rainforest cafe. Taking alll our dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a really great get away! FYI- I nominated you for a little award, sunshine :) PS Tuesday is sooo the new Monday!

    ReplyDelete