Aug 14, 2013

Keepin' It Real

 
Let me just go ahead and tell you that I hate feet.
Gross.
Nobody wants to open up IG and see a pic of your feet.
Nor do I want to touch them, or even talk about them for that matter.

But I like to keep it real on this blog.
And real for me right now is MONSTER feet.

**warning, foot picture ahead***


I swear I don't have fat feet on a normal basis.


When I say that they are killing me, I'm not exaggerating.
My tennis shoes are too tight and my flip flops leave marks.

My fat feet make me waddle.

Did I mention that I'm only 20 weeks??

This kinda freaks me out because in case you didn't know, I got really REALLY
sick when I was pregnant with K&A.
We are talking bed rest, swollen, high blood pressure, and miserable.

You know you are swollen when you show the doctor your cankles and
his response is "Oh, wow." That's where I was with K&A.
I was told that this won't necessarily repeat itself and even though I am
swollen, as long as my blood pressure stays normal, I'm fine.
Blood pressure is still normal. Let's hope it stays that way!

In the meantime, I'm doing eveything I can to get the swelling down.
Mainly because I kinda like being able to walk.
Oh yeah, and I kinda need to be at work everyday so if I get sick this
time around, I'll be in trouble.

I have a stool under my desk at work and I keep my feet propped up.
**warning, another foot picture ahead***


I also was told to soak them in Epsom salt and warm water.
Well, I dont exactly have a bucket for foot baths just sitting around
at my house....so I had no clue what to use.
I wasn't putting Epsom salt in my bathtub because I was afraid it
would be impossible to clean up....so I improvised, redneck style.



Yep, that's yours truly.
Soaking her feet in a cooler.
So if you ever get a beer out of our cooler and you think it smells like feet....
well, sorry about that.
But hello, amazing! It was like heaven.
My own mini spa in a cooler.
And I'm not even mad that I looked like an idiot while doing this.
My new nightly ritual.

Okay, enough about my feet.
Have I grossed anyone out yet??
I'm hoping to go find some fat girl tennis shoes this weekend.
I don't even care what they look like, I just want some comfort!

I'm not sure what a Southern girl is to do when "festival season" is
fast approaching and swollen feet are involved.
I'll just have to find a wheelchair to be pushed around in so that I
don't miss out on anything. :)

At this rate, I'm going to have to stop doing bump updates and start taking
weekly cankle pictures.

Happy Hump Day Y'all! Pin It Now!

15 comments:

  1. I totally thought this post was going to be about poop not feet lol but I feel your pain and I like to use ice. I hope your blood pressure stays down! Ill keep you and your feet in my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My feet were the exact same way with both of my kids. It sucks! I know it sounds silly, but are you drinking a lot of water? My doctor told me the more water you drink, the less swelling you have. She told me that basically your body is trying to hold onto the water in case it needs it at a later time. Also, you might want to check out Crocs... I know they are super sexy, but they might fit the chubs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! I feel for you. Hope the swelling goes down soon and you have a smooth next 4 months. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am a hater of feet! I am so worried about mine swelling up. I keep them propped up under my desk and try not to cross my legs for fear of swelling and spider veins. I keep having these awful dreams about giant feet and spider veins that move across your legs.....ACK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lori! That looks so painful! I hope it doesn't get any worse! I hurt for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww girl... those poor feet. I had it terrible with Elle - keep em propped - drinks tons of water - and try to relax. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did that work? Im about using a cooler! Rednecks unite, bring one to work too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sucks so bad, Lora! I was really swollen starting at 28 weeks with Jack and it's miserable! I'm assuming you are drinking LOTS of water and getting up from your desk every hour or so to walk around for like 5 minutes? And prop them puppies up higher! Hugs, my friend...only 20 more weeks to go!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What does the Epsom salt do?? Pull out the swelling in some way?? When I was preg w/ Aiden my feet swelled up a ton. I couldn't wear any shoes that I owned. I normally wear a size 6 but had to buy a pair of size 8.5 flip flops to fit my fat feet under the strap. Luckily it was warmer weather so my tootsies didn't freeze. But w/ Bren, no swelling! Thank goodness, tho, had a bank/dressy job so no flip flops allowed. Not sure what I would have done!

    Make sure you're laying down at night w/ your feet higher than your heart -- it helps some, too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, Lora!! Put those poor trunks up on your desk!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh, poor thing! I know how you feel, I had the same problem with both my pregnancies, but with my first it was awful! I had elephant feet half way through. They were so swollen at the end I couldn't bend or wiggle any of my toes :( I hope your blood pressure stays down & you stay complication free! At least you're already halfway there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness, did the soaking help at all?! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that your blood pressure stays down... scary stuff! Hope you get some relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your poor feet! I'm with Holly...prop them up on your desk! Hope the salt soak helps and the blood pressure stays normal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! You poor thing! :( Hope that soaking helps.

    ReplyDelete