Jun 20, 2013

A Day in the Life of....

A day in the life of a pregnant lady.
Because I know you are all interested.
This is what happens when fat people get fatter, and blame it on a baby bump.

5:00 AM Hit Snooze.

5:20ish roll my big self outta bed, holding back in full on pregnant lady stance. and high tail it to the bathroom. as if I didn't get up to go about 14 times during the night. Then proceed to get ready.

Do I wash my hair today? Probably not.
Do I dress up cute for work today? Probably not.
Did I shave my legs this week? Probably not.
Should I get ready in 5 seconds so that I have more time to eat breakfast? Definitely yes!

6:15ish leave for work

Today is going to be a good day.
I have lots of energy.
I will NOT nap when I get off work today.
I repeat I will not take a nap.

6:30 work, work, work.

My back hurts.
I have to go to the bathroom.
Is it time to eat yet?
Is it time to go home yet?

10:30 breaktime. One mile walk with my work BFF, who is also pregnant. We are a sight to see when we are walking.

I can't breathe.
It's hot outside.
My thighs are rubbing together.
Can I take my bra off?
How come we are so much slower now?

11:30 lunchtime. Holla! I normally eat in the breakroom alone reading my book. I'm lame....but I like to read while I eat. Or else I leave the building which normally results in bad decisions, like Taco Bell.

12:00 work, work, work.

Oh my goodness, I'm so full!!!!
Wow, I'm sleepy. I can't wait to get home but I am NOT going to nap. I repeat, I am not going to nap this afternoon.

2:30 breaktime. Time to walk again.

Seriously, is break time not over yet?
I feel like we have been walking for hours.
Gossip, gossip, gossip.
I have to go to the bathroom.

3:00 time to go home.

I should probably go run some errands.
But it's just too hot.
If I could go home and put on some comfty clothes, I could run errands then.
I have to go to the bathroom.
I will not take a nap.

3:30 I'm just going to sit in this recliner and read/watch tv until FH gets home. Just relax.

I will not take a nap.

5:00 wake up from a nap.

Whaat?? How did that happen?
No clue, but man that felt nice.
I'm pretty sure I can't get up, my back hurts.

6:00ish Time to feed my face. More than likely going out to eat because cooking = dirty dishes. And nobody likes dirty dishes.

OMG I'm so full.
I can't even walk.
FH, I swear I am never eating again.
Will you get me a piece of cake while you are in the kitchen?

7:00 TV time, lazy time, UNO time, maybe walk around the neighborhood but probably not. I'm still tired from that nap I took.


9:00 time for bed. I'm gonna read a little before I go to sleep.

9:03 okay that's enough reading, I'm exhausted.

Please note, this is a day in the life of a pregnany lady while her kids are not at home. This is not a typical day in the life of a pregnant mom of twins. That one includes a lot less napping and a lot more refereeing and pulling out my hair. I'll save that one for later.

Happy Thursday Y'all!
I am soooooo ready for Friday! Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. You are too cute! It's much easier being pregnant the first time around because you can nap anytime you want! The second time around you have this thing called a kid to tend too...sucks balls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! So true! That's how I felt in the first trimester as far as naps and sleep go, but pretty much that's how I feel about work every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I feel like I don't have an excuse. Haven't shaved my legs all week. Didn't wash my hair today and sure didnt dress cute. And but snooze 3 times. And you're telling me it gets worse when I'm pregnant. Gees. Love your Lora. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO, you cannot take your bra off at work!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So yeah.... Your day sounds like mine. THe only difference is that I am not pregnant. And I don't walk on my breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally knew the nap was coming.

    I feel like taking my bra off at work all the time. Or wearing sports bras daily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cracked me up...and sorta made me miss being pregnant ;)

    ReplyDelete