May 29, 2013

Spring River Recap

Remember me?
I'm such a blog failure lately, but I am just exhausted.
Maybe it's because I'm 10 years older than I was the first go around,
or maybe it's something else.
But either way, I am extremely exhausted.

Oh and remember that time I blogged and like no one read it?
Haha, well it was a lame post, it happens.

But for memory's sake, I need to do a Spring River recap.

Friday night we were late getting there because of babysitter problems.
So once we got there, we grilled out, ate, hung out, and then went to bed. Well, some of us went to bed. Some of us stayed up way too late and got in trouble. I won't mention any names. #notFH

Saturday was float day.
We float about 8 miles down the river.
And we never really paddle so it takes all day.
And then the last spot you go to is a HUGE party spot, so we stay there for a long time.
Thank the Lord it was cool on Saturday or I wouldn't have made it.
Did I mention that I am pregnant??
I only had one moment.
The sun was beaming down, I was totally over it.
My back was hurting from sitting on that raft all day.
And no one was understanding it.
I cried. Like a baby.
I just needed everyone to understand that I needed to MOVE.
And get in the shade.
Luckily my friends are nice even when they are intoxicated.
Even if I had to cry to get them to realize it.
So they quickly got us moved and now we are laughing about it.
Please note: It totally wasn't funny at the time.




**believe it or not, I went the entire day without my phone so these are the only pics I took**


Sunday, it was HOT.
I mean sun beaming down on us at 9 AM kinda hot.
I cried Uncle.
I just couldn't do it.
So I stayed at the cabin all day and slept for seriously like 10 hours.
And I needed it.

Sunday night, we made a Taco Bell run.
Which was amazing.
Normally we can never leave the camp site, but with a sober pregnant girl in the group, you automatically have a driver.
And we went through a roadblock.
And had nothing to hide.
You know you have been camping for a few days when the Taco Bell bathroom seems clean to you.

Monday morning we were up by 6:30 and home by 10.

It was a super fun trip but I couldn't tell you how excited I was to be back home.

653 trips to the bathroom.
8 miles down the river breaking my back sitting on a raft.
492 underage kids that made me feel old.
1 girl asked if the pregnant girl got drunk.
14 cops in a roadblock.
10 hours of daytime sleep on a crappy bed that had a pee cover on it.
1 crying session.
4 best friends for life.

Can't wait til next year......who wants to babysit??



Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Hey I read the last post!! lol

    Looks like fun!! Next year you can make 653 trips to the bathroom because you have been drinking;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE floating down rivers!! Although, I don't blame you for having a melt down :) Shade is a MUST on trips like that at least for parts of the day. And, I've never been pregnant, but in my book, pregnant ladies should have whatever they need when they need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lora!!! I didn't know. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to go one year!! Haver been in about 10 yrs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like my trip to Talladega when I was pregnant with Carter. I cried about a port-a-potty. Good times!

    ReplyDelete