May 26, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend 2015

If only every weekend was a 4 day weekend, I wouldn't mind going to work so much.

We started out Friday with me taking Kate to school for her last exam.
Alex got lucky and took her exams early so she didn't have to go on Friday.
And I also didn't get a last day of school pic of her!

I went to the doctor while Kate took her exam.
Just a short checkup, nothing big.
They found the heartbeat, which freaks me out everytime.
I have this horrible idea each time that they aren't going to find it.
And that baby likes to hide so it always takes a minute.
My blood pressure was a little higher than it has been, but nothing to worry about yet.
I don't actually become high risk for pre-eclampsia until 20 weeks.
So we are just watching it for now and I have my follow up with the high risk doc at 18 weeks.

Once I picked Kate up, we went on a date to eat some Mexican food. Our favorite.

She looks so grown up. I can't even handle it. She just kept reminding me that she was a 7th grader now....as if I could forget!

Friday night we hung out at the house and the girls played with water balloons.
This is their latest obsession.
And I have to say, it's HILARIOUS to watch.
Those girls are some kind of goofy.



They also got out their BB guns to shoot some of the water balloons.
FH and I just sit in our chairs in the driveway and laugh.
They like to entertain and we like to be entertained. So it works.
They also entertained our neighbors who were sitting on their porch watching.
I'm sure they think we are crazy...especially once we cranked up the music
and the girls started line dancing. :)

Saturday, we had to go buy a new dryer because ours went out.
Super lame.
Actually, the water balloons might have been Saturday and the dryer Friday.
I can't really remember. But it's all the same weekend....

It's kinda nice that we had such a long weekend that I can't even keep the days straight.

Saturday and Sunday we spent a lot of time on Alex's room.
It was hot pink and awful.
She loves pink but wanted a change, and I was totally down with that plan.
This is how it looked before.



Told ya it was pink.

We had to do a layer of primer, then 2 layers of paint.
It was such a pain.
And everytime that I want to paint, I kinda freak out after the first coat.
I just can't handle the streaks and how awful it looks.
FH has to calm me down by reminding me that it will turn out fine.
He's always right, but I need to be talked off the ledge. :)

Here is the after.



I'm so excited with how it turned out.
It looks much more grown up than the pink.
Just don't look too closely at the painting......

Did I mention that when I told FH that he had to paint, I also mentioned the grass needed to be cut?
Bless his heart.
I worked that man hard all weekend and he hardly complained.

Luckily Alex really liked to paint and was a lot of help.
And Kate really wanted to make some extra cash so she cut the yard.
Our entire yard!
She was just going to do the backyard, but I was supervising her while FH was painting so I kept
talking her into doing more.
I'd offer her like $2 more to cut another section and it kept adding up until she did the whole thing.
And she did an amazing job!
Now I just have to get her to do it next time without charging me.



***longest post ever. sorry about that.***

Sunday, after the delivery of the dryer, we headed to the Ripley Waterpark.
And the girls had a blast!!!
They went down the slide at least 4,000 times.
FH went down it twice with them.
And I sat in a chair and worked on my sunburn for 4 hours.


They were not happy when it was time to go.
But I told them we would be back!

Monday, we finished up painting.
And I slathered Aloe on myself every 30 minutes.
I am beyond burnt!
But the girls aren't, so that says something about my parenting skills.
:)

All in all, it was an amazing weekend to kick off summer!
And I am less than happy to be back at work today.
Oh well, the bills have to get paid somehow....





Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Omg B has reminded me about 1000 times that she is a 7th grader too. That just seems SO much older than a 6th grader lol. I cut her off everytime she starts in on that nonsense, lol. Also, I know I've already said it but Kate looks about 16 in that lawnmower picture, holy cow. Not cool!

    ReplyDelete