May 21, 2015

My Kid is Trying to Kill Me

Alex informed me that she is going to try out for cheerleading next year.
She just made the show choir last week.
And of course, she will be doing cross country again.
 
That's three activities all at once.
 
Did I mention that I will, hopefully, be around 8 or 9 months pregnant at that time?
 
Oh, and Kate will be playing fall softball.
I'm praying that they don't overlap.
 
The girls had awards day last week and guess who couldn't go?
I was so bummed.
Normally I would have gone but I'm trying so hard to save up vacation time for
when the baby gets here that I don't like using any.
 
I thought it would just be a few honor roll and citizenship awards, but man was I wrong.
 
Apparently, they do it up big in Middle School with a bunch of new awards.
 
I was really proud of both of the girls for all their hardwork this year.
 
Kate got some kind of math award- don't judge, I can't remember what it was.
And a community service award.
 
 
 
Alex got community service and honor roll, another one that I can't remember, and an extra special award. She got an award for having the most points EVER earned in Student Council.
They can earn points by volunteering, saying the prayer at school, doing the devotional, working
on the bulletin board. Basically anything they do that isn't required. And that girl treated those points
like they were made of gold.
 
 
 
Apparently you are only required to get like 50 or something like that and Alex got around 400.
#overachiever
 
 
 
Oh and just as a side note, the girls got me a selfie stick for Mother's Day. Clearly we had to document it with a duck face/peace sign selfie. :)
 
 
 
I'm gonna enjoy every single minute of this summer because I have a feeling 7th grade is going
to rock my world.
 

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Did I send you pics from Awards day? I can't remember if I did. Also, the math award was for raising money during the math-a-thon for St Jude! :) Oh and they got their "official" Beta club certificate and pin, lol. I gotcha back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she's going to do cheering :)

    ReplyDelete