Jul 31, 2013

Tummy Tuesday #9

I swear that one of these days I'm going to get back to being a real-live wannabe blogger.
Until then, you are stuck with only Tummy Tuesday posts...even if they pop up every now and again on the wrong day. I guess you all know now why I will more than likely NEVER have sponsors on this here blog. Just not happenin'.

How far along? 18 weeks
I honestly feel like time is flying by. I have mixed feelings about this. Mainly because being pregnant is kinda miserable for me. But at the same time, I am trying to enjoy it all because I am 99.9% sure this is the last time I will have a bun in my oven. I'd say 100% but I don't want to jinx myself.



Sleep? I'm gonna go ahead and risk sounding like a whiny baby and tell you that my sleep is AWFUL. I can't get comfortable. My entire left side from my waist down falls asleep on me. It takes me like 15 minutes to roll over. I get up to go to the bathroom at least 3 times a night. I would never EVER encourage teenage pregnancy, but I can tell you that being pregnant is SO MUCH easier when you are young. I had 2 babies in my belly last time and I dont remember having half as much trouble as I do now....or maybe it was just so long ago that I don't remember. Either way...

Best moment this week? Hearing Baby Harper's heartbeat. My doctor moved to a new office and her ultrasound machine isn't in yet. I was really looking forward to seeing the baby, but I'm just glad she found the heartbeat. Every time she gets out that little doppler thing, it makes me nervous that she won't find it. I was told that he is VERY active as she had a hard time counting his heartbeats because he kept moving away from her.

Miss anything? Sleep. Not waking up with a headache. Wearing heels. Never thought I would say that one.

Movement? Yes, finally. But it happens so quickly that I doubt myself and wonder if that's what I really felt. After finding out that he is really active though, I'm pretty positive that's what I'm feeling.

Size of the baby? a mango. around 6 inches, 0.5 lbs

Food cravings? Pizza and ice cream mainly. Gosh, I'm healthy.

Gender? Boy

Bed rest? No

Limitations? I can't wear any shoes anymore except for my tennis shoes. Even my flip flops leave a mark on my feet. It's gonna be a LONG rest of the year since I'm already swollen.....

Pregnancy Symptoms? Swollen feet. Double chin. Daily headaches.

Growing a human is hard work.

Wedding rings? still on.

Looking forward to? Getting K&A back this weekend. It has been a long summer without them. I miss those little Steppe Sisters!! :)

Hope everyone is having an awesome week! Can't believe school starts back next week...and that I will have two 5th graders!!! Slow down time! Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. I'm just 15 weeks and already can't get comfortable to go to sleep. I get the worst heartburn at night (even with my head propped up and a bottle of tums next to the bed) and I can really only sleep on my back sometimes. I imagine it won't be long before hubby and I aren't sleeping in the same room - I'm a bed hog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so beautiful! I see no double chins! So shut it! :)

    I can't wait to see his sweet face!! You better not go into labor before me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you aren't comfortable but you are so very cute! And half way there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did the pizza craving start before or after you sent me the details on that BBQ pizza? haha. And oh my word how is it time for school to start back already :( Boo! But yay for being (almost) half way to your due date, whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost halfway there mama! Can't believe the girls start school next week! We still have another month to go but I'm sure we get out much later than you in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, school starts for u guys already?!? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! Growing a baby is hard, rather it's one or two, but I totally agree older is harder! Or even just second (and third, fourth, whatever) pregnancies are harder!

    I swelled like a MoFo with Jack - horrible! horrible! horrible! But hardly any swelling with Norah...odd!

    It will be over before you know it and then little Harper Man will be here!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! I just love it! So happy for you guys. I know how much you wanted this little one!

    ReplyDelete