Oct 30, 2012

Keeping Up with the Blogger Joneses

Blogger problems 101.

Do you ever feel like after reading your favorite blogs that you need to take money out of your retirement so that you can afford all the cute stuff?
That you must immediately shop online and have that cute top/necklace/shoes/purse/house/boat/etc?
That you should run 100 miles while carrying your own child on your shoulders, knitting a sweater, making biscuits from scratch while teaching your kids homeschool and getting them into Harvard all at once?

These are blogger problems.

Oh and my favorite: do you ever want to comment on someone's blog and say something along the lines of "No, but seriously, we are best friends. You might not know it yet, but really, we are." #stalkersanonymous

I don't think this is because bloggers only potray the good side of things. I follow many blogs that give you the good, bad, and the ugly. I think the problem is that I am reading from the experts. Like the cutest, most fashionable girls who have the perfect clothes are writing style blogs, cause that's what they are good at. The freaking crafty women {bitter party of one} are writing all about their amazing I-just-saw-this-on-Pinterest-and-had-to-do-it-one-million-times-better projects. And the workout freaks {I say this strictly out of love} are writing about working out while they are jogging on the treadmill.

I say all this just to see who can relate....not because I hate bloggers. I LOVE ALL OF THEM!!! I think blogging is great and I get great motivation, ideas, and friendship from many blogs, but it's just hard not to compare your blog {and life} to all the blogs you read.

For instance,

my outfits NEVER look like this,

they usually look more like this:

inspiration:college student {even though I'm not one}

My meals that I cook never look like this,

they look like this:

still taste yummy though!!! {that's what really counts!}

just kidding about this last one.
I totally stole that pic. I'm not sure where though so sorry, I can't give credit.

You know what else I want to know about bloggers? How does something interesting happen in your life every.single.day?
Some mornings, I come in to work wanting to blog and I think, I really have nothing to say.
I did nothing interesting last night.
There's no new stories to tell.

Last night, however, I did have a few fun things to tell you about.
First off, we rolled coins.
FH keeps all his change in a jar and I wanted to see how much it added up to. #helloextrashoppingmoney
I put the kids to work.
The funniest part of this is that I let everyone write down a guess as to how much money we had. Here are the totals:
Brooklyn and Kate: somewhere in the $800s #Iwish
Alex: $422
FH: $100
Yours truly: $165

And the grand total was..........{wait for it} $147.50.
I'd say that was totally worth the time {and small math lesson} that we spent.

You know what else happened last night?
FH did the dishes and this is what it looked like.
Proof that you can tell when a man does dishes.
I love this stack of dishes.
It is so his personality.
Like he was bound and determined to make them all fit and he was successful.
You can imagine how challenging this was to remove each piece to put away.

Now, there's my night along with a nice bath and reading a book, cooking dinner, watching a movie. Thank goodness for no homework.

Maybe my life isn't as exciting as all the Joneses of the blogging world, but I sure do love it.

Now, I'm off to online shop to get this shirt I just saw on a blog that I just have to have......kidding. totally. {kind of}

Happy Tuesday Lover Faces!
The Things We Find Inside
Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. This is hilarious girl. When I get to my laptop I'm going t tweet this. The blogging world needs to read this. STAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally giggled out loud when I read this, I think we are pretty much the same person. everytime I make food, I'm like, too bad I don't have instagram, because i could make this look way better than it actually looks :) I do admit to buying a few accessories (and whole outfits) totally inspired by bloggers. I figured I have help from somewhere because I am totally helpless in that department! You're too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post and it made me laugh. Truly Blogger Problems 101, sing it sister.

    And seriously...I feel your pain on the dish tower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've nominated you for a Liebster/Versatile Blogger award! Come by my blog and check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahahahaha I laughed out loud. thank you- i needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why I love your blog....my outfits look exactly the same! #thanksforbeingastyleiconatthecorps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for keeping it real, Lora I was really expecting you to also bust out a pair of knee high boots with leggings and some kind of fabric brooch for your sweater! :)

    But really, my clothes and food look exactly like yours. For all I know, we're the cool ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen! Amen! And HEY! Thats totally how I stack dishes! :) great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. my meals never turn out like the pictures! all that matters is that they taste good!

    ReplyDelete