Dec 6, 2011

The Hwy 14 Ride

When we moved to Memphis, I knew that we would have a 30 minute drive to and from school every day. This didn't intimidate me at all since I use to live an hour away from my work. I thought, no problem, at least work and school are in the same direction. What I didn't realize was that when I drove an hour to work, I was in the car all that time ALONE. I listened to the radio, daydreamed, did whatever to pass the time on a long drive and I got use to it. Kate and Alex are NOT use to the drive and they GO NUTS.

Every day that I pick them up from school they ask me where we are going because they don't want to drive "all the way home because it takes forever" and so starts the whining. It never really fails. After a long day at work, I am greeted by two whining kids at after school care who are starving.

They do what they can to pass the time in the car. If they have their DS then it works great, as long as they are interested in playing them. Sometimes they will fall asleep, which is not good because then they don't want to sleep at bedtime. Mainly they just argue and whine. I know, I know, you are so jealous of our car ride home. We listen to music and sing along, that always helps.

The girls most recent thing to do, since it has gotten so cold, is to place their hand on the window and see who can keep it there the longest. Once they got really good at doing that, they decided to put their cheek on the window and hold it there until we made it home. Let me tell you, those girls have some will power!! They will be almost in tears because their face is so cold but they won't take it off because neither of them wants to give in. Then they laugh forever when they finally get to take it off and feel each other's cheek and it is almost frozen. Yesterday, they decided they would put their tongues on the window and see who could do it the longest. Don't worry, I drew the line with that one so it was back to cheeks.

I love those girls so much, silly as can be! I am dying for the day that we move closer to school and don't have to endure our hour of travel each day, but I know I will miss the time that I spent with them on that "Hwy 14 ride". Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment