Dec 12, 2014

Moms Know Best

I often wonder if my Mom realizes how awesome I think she is.
My mom has always had her stuff together.
She's always been someone I can completely count on.
Someone to look up to.
My biggest cheerleader.
 
The person who ALWAYS reminded me that I could do anything I put my mind to.
Her famous words: "If it were easy, anybody could do it." will stick with
me all of my life.
 
She went to every single thing I did as a kid, even when she worked two jobs.
And let's be honest, I played every single sport that was offered pretty much.
She busted her booty to keep me in private school when she had no help.
I never heard her complain once in all my years.
 
When I had twins at a young age, and a marriage that basically was a disaster,
she was there.
When I had dreams to finish college even though I had 3 month old twins,
she knew I could do it.
When I decided to go back to school and get a second degree with 5 year old twins,
she knew I could do it.
When I called to tell her how tired I was, or how I wasn't sure I could continue,
she gave me a pep talk and sent me on my way.
 
I think she hung the moon......
and following in her footsteps is terrifying.
 
Am I as good of a mom as she is?
I see my kids looking up to me, and I pray that I provide them with the example that she gave me.
I pray that they think I am always there for them, no matter what.
Because I am.
 
I am their #1 cheerleader.
I never thought about the Mom-side of things when I was a kid.
How bored she must have been waiting in the parking lot while I was finishing up practice.
Or how annoying it is to not be able to put on your PJs at home because you have to go
back to the school at 8PM when basketball practice is over.
 
Or how your kids think that you have an endless bank account that never wants to stop giving to them.
 
Or the cookies.
I swear I have baked more dozen cookies than I can count for one reason or another.
And I have "slice and bake", my mom didn't!
 
Being a Mom is the most amazing role in the world.
It's frustrating.
And sometimes you don't feel appreciated.
And sometimes I think I need two straight jackets to put K&A in because they literally
cannot EVER get along.
 
But one day, I'll miss their bickering.
#nottoday
One day, a quiet house will be miserable.
 
I love being a Mom.
And I love that I had a great example to follow.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment