Oct 9, 2011

October 9, 2011

This is a day I'll never forget. Alex asked Jesus to come into her heart awhile ago but she's started talking about getting baptized recently. She's been too scared to walk down the aisle at church to tell them she's ready. Today, she decided she was ready. After many questions, and lots of reassurance, the two of us walked down the aisle and got it done. I introduced her and then I stepped back and let her do the talking. If you know me, you know that I have a hard time being on the sidelines. But this was the most important decision my child will ever make, so I wanted her to do it on her own. She was so brave and I'm so proud. She will be baptized on October 23, we had to schedule it for 2 weeks away so her daddy could be there. I'm already planning on purchasing waterproof mascara for the occasion.
It was a difficult day for Kate. She wanted to follow in her sister's footsteps, but I wanted to make sure she was aware of the decision, not just copying her sister. In the end, she decided to wait. I'm pretty sure she's ready to make the move as well, she says she will this coming Sunday. Oh what a blessing it would be to have both my daughters baptized on the same day!
Alex has spent the entire day telling us who all her new brothers and sisters (in Christ) are. She's so excited to be a part of a new family of believers and I could not be happier for her.

God is good....all the time.






Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment