Oct 17, 2011

Finding out the Big News

We didn't immediately tell K&A the big news about the engagement. It happened on a weekend that they are with their grandparent's on their dad's side so we chose to wait. We picked them up Sunday before church. We were planning on recording their reaction but once they got in the car, we were too anxious to start the recorder. I turned around in my seat and held out my hand and said "Look what Michael gave me." They both screamed and then Alex started talking about how it matched my dress and was so pretty....then she squealed so loud I am pretty sure people in Africa heard her and yelled "A ring?!?! You got a ring?! Y'all are getting married?!?!" #lots more screaming to follow from both
It was beyond hilarious. You see, I never wear much jewelry and I happen to have on a watch that Alex obviously didn't remember seeing me wear before. So she thought I was referring to the watch....then it slowly hit her. Kate was just screaming but she wasn't completely overwhelmed like Alex. You see, little girls dream of their wedding days......and Alex has been dreaming of MY wedding day. She was dying for me to get a ring so she was super excited!
As soon as we got back in the car after church, she said "Can we talk about the wedding? We need to start planning. I think we need a small wedding in Hawaii....." and she has yet to stop planning........... Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Really neat for the girls but bet they weren't tooooo surprised. If wedding is going to be in Hawaii, will need to save up big time:)or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw!! Sweet story. Hey, when you're planning, don't forget about the life insurance. There are so many things to think about when you first get married. A lot of people consider buying life insurance. I work for a company where we make it easy to learn about life insurance, get a free quote, or even talk to a live licensed life insurance advisor. No commitment. Check out our website: http://bit.ly/vD1iLg

    ReplyDelete