Oct 15, 2011

I said Yes!!!

This is a day I'll never forget. I have a ring on my finger and my face hurts from smiling.

FH and I met in a wedding. I was a bridesmaid and he was a groomsman. Sounds romantic, right? Wrong, it wasn't. I had the biggest crush on him ever, and I'm not the quietest person so he knew all about it. He also didn't share the feelings......lol, we had fun hanging out with the rest of the wedding party, but that was about it. The wedding weekend ended with a "nice to meet you" goodbye hug instead of a "can I get your number?" see ya later like I would have preferred.

I've learned enough in life to know that even when I disagree, God has my best interests in mind. The timing was bad....I needed some time to be single me. Thank goodness the Big Guy always knows what he's doing because the year following that I had the most fun ever. I got so close to my girlfriends that they became my sisters. I made memories that I'll keep in my heart forever, but still something was missing.....

And where do you go to find someone that you kinda knew at one point......well facebook of course! I'm not scared to admit that I tracked that man down. There was just something about him......after we developed a solid facebook "relationship", I asked him out. Yep, you read that right. I asked him. Hey, it's the 2000s, I feel no need to sit around and wait on a man......the rest is history. He was dubbed FH within a week of our first date, my friend J still has the email to prove it. I knew that he was my soulmate so I just had to convince him that I was his.

We've spent hours upon hours of our time discussing our future together. We've know for awhile that we wanted to grow old together. (Notice I said "we", it's no longer one sided, he realized that God created me with him in mind and vice versa.) Today we decided to go look at rings. FH has been looking at them for awhile and he had a few, ahem, emails of rings I liked. We do everything together, he's my best friend, so we thought it would be fitting if we ring shopped together. Not to mention, he's awful (no offense-hi babe!) at keeping secrets from me so this is what we knew would work for us! We finally found "the ring" at about the third place we went to and we both just knew it was the one as soon as it was on my hand. So we got it, or rather, FH got it, obviously. I told him long long ago that I didn't care how he proposed to me, as long as he was down on one knee when he did it. When I walked into the living room, he grabbed my hands and got down on his knee. Let me just stop there and tell u that I was already in tears and he was tearing up too (although he may not admit that). I wish I had it recorded because I remember that he said the most beautiful words to me that I've ever heard, but I was so nervous that I couldn't concentrate. And I said yes, imagine that!!!

We were both such a hot mess and I even knew it was coming! I have never in my life been so happy. When I tell you that I've waited my entire life for a man like FH, I'm not exaggerating the tiniest bit. He's my soulmate, my best friend, my partner in life. My future, my right now, my absolute everything. He treats my kids as if they were his own and he would bend over backwards just to make us happy. Even if I thanked God every minute of every day for the rest of my life, I still couldn't show enough gratitude for the man that I've been given.

We don't have a date set, we don't even know what kind of wedding we want. All we know is we want to go through life hand in hand, for better or worse. what could be better?

Oh and by the way, he's so use to me (and all my friends) calling him FH, that he said we could keep calling him that...except now instead of Future Husband, he'll just be my Fantastic Husband. I think that sounds pretty much perfect.






















Oh and just so you know, I made him a friendship bracelet just yesterday, so he got some new fancy jewelry too......even if there is no bling to it!










Love you FH!!

Today, our life truly begins.









Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Hey it's Nat! I love this blog:) I have witnessed this beautiful relationship develop and I couldn't have picked a better man for you and the girls. God is so good!! Our single lives are over, but we will have a new chapter in our lives to share. I am always here for you and love you very much!!

    ReplyDelete