Aug 17, 2012

No Carbs Day One

Okay, let me just start out by saying that I wasn't going to post about this until I was finished with my 8 Day challenge.
I want to make sure I am completely happy with these products. I don't have many followers but I would rather not promote anything that I don't really really really recommend.
With that being said, I'm a blogger so I gotta write it down, y'all! Duh.

So, to be clear, this is an 8 day challenge that is basically no carbs. There are herbal supplements that you take to speed up your metabolism and curve your appetite and all that jazz.

Yesterday was my first day.
I did not cheat one tiny time.
You have a protein shake for breakfast and well, let's just say it's not filling AT ALL. I'm guessing that the curb your appetite pills worked though because I wasn't dying.
I had a mid-morning snack of 4-6 ounces of protein.
I bought 96/4 ground beef to take to work for this. I cooked it the night before and weighed out my portions. Obviously it's very important to plan ahead or you are screwed.


It wasn't too bad, but I mean, it's just like a taco without the taco, so it wasn't very exciting!
I'm trying to teach myself that food is fuel, it isn't a social event and it's not necessarily meant for pleasure.
Eat to live, not live to eat.
And trust me, I have always lived to eat {hence, the problem}.

Next, I had a shake for lunch.
Again, it's not filling but I wasn't dying.

Dinner.
I bought fajita steak so I would have something different since obviously I'm not going to ask my husband to fire up the grill every night to cook me a steak {although I might this weekend}.
Can I just say that my fajita steak was amazing?!
It really was!




I really wanted to eat it with A1 sauce because I freakin love A1, but it had a few carbs in it. Seriously not much, but I knew I could eat it without so I chose not to {I might before the 8 days are over with though}.

Actually, technically, that portion of meat was suppose to be an afternoon snack and then dinner was a shake.
But I considered that my dinner and then I had a shake about an hour or two later.
I exercised some, but not enough.
I'd like to exercise more so I can really blow these 8 days out of the water, but we'll see how that goes.

I will say that I went to bed with an awful headache.
I know this is because of my body going into shock because of the detox. I mean, I drink at least two Diet Dr Peppers a day and I am giving those up. {Maybe not completely, but I am now because it will help me drink more water.} I also am a candyaholic and I had no candy and not even any gum yesterday. So my body is pissed.
I was told this would pass after Day two so I just have to survive today and then I'm golden.

I hate to even talk about weight loss yet, since it's day one.
My weight fluctuates a lot.
But when I weighed myself this morning, I was down 2.5 lbs already.
That was a shock.

We'll see how Day two goes....hopefully this headache goes away!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment