May 22, 2012

Pre-Marriage Counseling Round One

Ok so pre-marriage counseling round one. I love it! at first it was slightly awkward. I mean we barely even know the guy. He just told us how we should make God the basis for our relationship and then if we both put God first then we will be second to each other. That our marriage could be as successful as we wanted it to but that there would be ups and downs and we would have to work hard at it. THEN, out of the blue, he turns to me and says "So, Lora, tell me. Why Michael? Of all the men in the world, why him?" I was so thrown off! up until then, he had been doing all the talking and we were just listening. And I really was expecting him first to ask us how we met and stuff like that. so I was put on the spot. I gave a not stellar answer. If it were an interview, I wouldn't have been hired. Lol Then came FH. He nailed it. He would have gotten the job and a promotion with bonus pay. (and I probably would have slapped him on the butt if I were the interviewer since he was just so cute because he was nervous) He started off by talking about how he was 33, never married, no kids. He said he had several different serious relationships (I started getting nervous with him bringing up old girlfriends. Lol) but that he always knew none of those girls were right for him. He never even thought about forever with them. He said he had always heard that when you meet the "right one" you would know it, but he never really thought that was true. But he knew from the beginning that I was perfect for him. That he never wanted to spend another second, another minute of any day without me. That I was his absolute best friend in the whole wide world and he wanted to share everything with me. He said a few other things that I can't really remember, it was like a well rehearsed speech that almost brought tears to my eyes (and that's tough to do!). I knew all of the things that he said. He had told them all to me before. But I guess for him to say it in front of a witness was just amazing. Next time, I'm taking my tape recorder.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment