Jun 10, 2014

Off to Camp

Some of my favorite childhood memories are from summer camp.
I've said every year that I'm going to send K&A to the same camp....
and then I get lazy and cheap (it's kinda expensive! thank you Mom for
sending me so much when I was young) and they don't end up going.
 
Then this year, I signed them up. And I signed up for the autodraft so
that money was coming out of my bank account whether I liked it or not.
 
I'm so glad they got to go this year!!!
And just so you know, I was like a kid living out her childhood when I
walked back into camp. I was all like "I know where everything is..." only
to realize that, hello!, it's been about 20 years since I've been there so, yeah,
things have changed a bit. :)
 
On the way there, I was telling the girls how much fun they were going to
have and they were just staring at me with an "Are we there yet?" attitude.
#preteens
Alex said, "I'm pretty sure you are more excited than we are Mom."
So, maybe I was.
 
But once we got there, they got super excited!
And just in case I forget to remember what happened when we got there.....
but without offending anyone with this story, let's just say that when we
got there, it appeared that I had signed them up for a special needs camp....
but there were 2 camps so there was no #momfail like I thought there was.
 
I was sad leaving them....I kinda wanted to sign my name up to be a
camp counselor. Except for the fact that the minimum age for a counselor
is 15, and I'm pretty sure my signing up would have been frowned upon.
And alas, I already have a job. No camp for me.
 
I can't wait to hear all about the girls' experience though!!!




Yes, that's my finger in the picture. I was so excited about camp that my fat finger got in the way of the picture.
Or else I just wanted to be included in the pic. One or the other.

That's my mom! Isn't she skinny and cute? Unfortunately I got my dad's figure. Fail.

 
Here's to a great time at camp K&A.
May you meet new friends, find cute boys that you like to look at from afar, like way far,
and created awesome memories that will last a lifetime.
PS. don't kill each other, please.
Next year, I'm signing up as counselor and using a fake ID.

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Aww they're going to have so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I never got to go to camp but was a counselor and 'rotator' for a few years - that was fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. both my girls and husband are at camp this week, and there is NO WAY they were more excited than I was

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always loved going to summer camp, Im sure they are going to love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love this! I, too, get SO excited about Emily going to camp... but I didn't even go to her camp when I was a kid so I can only imagine your excitement and nostalgia! I hope they have a great time! How long are they gone for? I'm sure they'll make lots of memories! Emily leaves in 3-1/2 weeks for camp... so soon, we need to pack!

    ReplyDelete