Dec 12, 2013

Will He be Home for Christmas?

Okay let's be real honest here.....
I hate being asked "When will he be home?" or "Will he be home for Christmas?"
I can't help it, I just do.

Maybe it's because every single milestone that he reaches, I am grateful.
To me, it's not all about him getting home.

It's more than that.

It's will he have long term issues? Will his eyes develop correctly?
Will his brain develop exactly how it needs to? Will he need glasses?
Will he catch up with other babies his age? Will I ever stop googling and freaking myself out?

I have so much more to stress about than the simple question of when he will
be home. Don't get me wrong. I want him home, like yesterday.
But I want him to be strong. I want his breathing to be solid.
I want to know that he is ready to come home.

Every day we are one step closer to bringing him home.
For that, I am grateful.

Happy Thursday everybody!! :)




Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. BH is so lucky to have you as his momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally just asked you that too....I'm sorry. He just looks so good and big that it would seem like he is ready but I have no clue what goes into all that is preemies and micro preemies in his case. So I will say- I want what you want, LOL. Harper to be healthy and to progress as he should:) GO HARPER!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say I know what you mean, but I think I would feel the exact same way! You focus on the here and now, today - one day at a time...who knows when he will come home, but you HAVE to know and feel confident that he is 100% ready! You are a great, Momma! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great plan, focus on getting him super strong and the rest will happen when it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My twins were discharged weeks apart from the nicu, and while I understood everyone meant well, it was frustrating to be asked that. And not know the answer! I got to the point that when asked "when is Benjamin coming home? " I would (respectfully and gently) say "When he shows us he's ready. Our staff isn't anywhere near as highly trained as the nurses and doctors he has now". :) -we have no staff-

    ReplyDelete